You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

To do or not to do, that is the question

In April, 2017, I started giving Information Updates on Government Polytechnic colleges of West Bengal. For the first few updates, I got fairly good points credit. For the next few updates, I got some points. But yesterday at around midnight, four similar updates were sent to 'pending' section, with similar objections. The objection was:

"The status of this post is Pending. Edit the post and resubmit after correcting the mistakes mentioned below. If there is a clickable link given below, click on it to learn more about the issues in this post.
    Reason: Please list the courses through the 'add a course' feature available in the college page itself. Also change the sentences, wherever the sentence appears to be the same as in other college posts of yours. Don't give the same general description in every po"

Today morning I wanted to be a ideal Member of the site and tried to rectify/change my Updates as directed by the concerned Editor. However, I could not add the courses in the college page itself, as I don't have posting permission (why and when it was withdrawn, I don't know).

Furthermore, it is very difficult for me to 'create' new information in respect of a college and to use new vocabulary everywhere. I had earlier thought that in case of Information Updates, I was required to give as much correct information as possible. But I might be wrong!

To do or not to do (to give Updates), that is the question!
    Partha,

I don't think it is necessary to put dramatic titles each time just to get clarification about your posts! I have seen the updates - yes, you do need to vary the text. It is possible.

As for adding courses to a college post, some members will find they can add the courses due to the permission being in place already by default, whereas for others they may need to request for the permission if they do not have access to the college section or permission to add the courses. In your case, the permission has now been added. Can you check if you are able to add a course now & let me know?

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

"Today morning I wanted to be a ideal Member of the site...."

Partha, can you explain what do you mean by "IDEAL Member". Who is Ideal member and who is not?

Mr. Jeets: I feel that the Members who follow the instructions of the Managing Editor and other Editors scrupulously, are ideal Members. Only the Editors can tell who are the ideal Members of this site. I think most of the Members are ideal Members.

Judging the activites of Partha Kansabanik, it can't be said that he is an ideal Member of ISC, but when his mood permits, he tries to be a good boy, i.e., a ideal Member.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Interesting! I didn't know this even I am more than 4 years old for this site. I was blindly following the "ISC instruction" instead of editors. In this sense, I would never be an Ideal member as per you say. Thank you Partha for lightening my small brain.

Gentlemen,

Stick to the topic of the thread please and not make a wayward discussion on the ideal concept!

Today I have re-started my effort to do as directed by the Editor. I have noted that even very common courses like Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Electrical Engineering, etc. are not available in the College page. When I tried to add these courses, it displays 'Error' message. As a result, I am forced to update partially inaccurate information.

Concerned Editor may kindly note.

Partha,

You cannot add new courses. You can only select from the existing list of courses to add at the college page. In the process of cleanup and content development of the courses section, the old list which contained Diploma courses may have been edited. I will inform the Webmasters about the absence of the two courses which you have mentioned. Thanks for bringing it to our notice.

I have further noted that Diploma in Architecture, Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering, Diploma in Mining Survey, Diploma in Electronics & Teleommunication and Diploma in Computer Application are other courses which are not available.

Editors may kindly take necessary action.

• Sign In to post your comments