You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A stitch in time saves nine.

This is a very commonly known proverb. When a cloth requires single stitch, do that. If you wait it may requires nine stitches. When you notice a problem, you have to take action immediately otherwise the problem gets aggravated and it will become difficult to get the problem solved. But in some situations they say being silent will be a solution to the problem. Is not taking any action, also an action? I don't know.
    I believe keeping silent is also an action if it prevents further destruction. Being quite may mean different things - one is you are patient and doesn't want to aggravate the problem by doing anything hastily, second is you are too foolish or ignorant and arrogant enough to not to understand the seriousness of the problem, the next is you are too afraid to take action and surrendered yourself to the problem and the other means your are unaffected or indifferent i.e, you don't want to take the problem on to your head and want others to suffer it. The meaning of silence changes with the situation and most importantly the person who is facing the problem. If silence means patience the person is an emotionally balanced person, if it means underestimation of problem you are stubborn or foolish or overconfident, if it means silent suffering you are a coward or afraid of society or too sensitive that you don't want to hurt anyone with your acts, if your silence means indifference then you are a selfish - escapist.

Srinivas sir I must admit that I am still a learner in such issues and if said anything wrong please let me know and forgive me. I said all this out of my knowledge as a literature student.

Carpe Diem

A very old proverb and ever green golden words which has the relevance to every one of us even today. Normally we have the habit of negating the responsibilities which require urgent attention and if that was overlooked or postponed either knowingly or willingly then we have to be ready to face the tune. For example take tube less tyres which are now fixed to every new vehicle and one must know how it works. Tubeless tyres are supposed to give longer life at least 20,000 kms maximum. But under the guarded driving ability. If one drives the vehicle amid glass pieces, stone pieces and nails, the new tyre get punctured even on first day. Coming back to the point. When you foresee decrease of air pressure often, it is the signal that mild puncture has already occurred and the tyre need to be attended. But we keep on filling the air and ride and one day suddenly the vehicle gets stranded amid traffic with puncture and the problem to tackle we cannot express in words.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Of course, it is a common proverb, yet very neatly narrated by the author. The thread is also telling us to do it now and not to postpone anything. First of all we have to avoid the problems rather than solving after receiving them. Sometimes it may be inevitable to be in problematic situation and at that point of time this principle has to be used without any second thought so that you may not catch up another one.

• Sign In to post your comments