You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

ISC Forum's New Submission feature doesn't list all new posts.

The title says it all...

Yesterday, I happened to use 'New Submission' sorting in the forum to only come across the recently posted threads. I was expecting to find to at least 20 new threads by this.

However, I observed that something is not right with this feature. I could find only three posts from the current year, rest all were from previous years - from 2015, 2014 and even more ancient.

Can other members please check it out if it is only happening with me or with every single member?

Basically, I have no way to find new posts automatically at present. I will have to manually look at the dates of each thread out of the mixture.

Editors are requested to please look into this issue and forward it to WM if that is needed.

Thank you.

Ank, the problem has been put up to the Webmasters for clarification. Please wait for a response.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Yes, just visited the new submission feature and found that except for one or two mentions, other threads are of previous years and that need to be corrected.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

All posts are auto approved in our Forum. The posts you see in "New Submission" are either old posts where we didn't have auto approval system or are the posts which are edited by someone and at some stage it was pushed to "New Submission" inadvertently. In general, the "New Submission" and "Approved" status do not make much difference in forum, so generally not much attention is paid to that.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

• Sign In to post your comments