You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Alert: Are your NPS Account and mutual fund folios FATCA-compliant?

Members of ISC: This is an important alert! Have you opened your NPS Account on or after 1st Jully, 2014? If yes, then is your account FATCA-compliant? If it is not, then your account may be blocked after 1st May, 2017. So such investors have been instructed by the authority to immediately send the self-certificate form either through electronic mode or hard copy of the filled up form to Central Record-keeping Agency (CRA) at the following address:

NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited
    1st Floor, Times Tower, Karmala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg,
    Lower Parel, Mumbai-400013

Similarly, in case of mutual fund folios, the investors who started their folio on or after 1st July, 2014, have been instructed to submit self-certificate regarding FATCA-compliance (if not done so far) to the respective AMCs or CAMS/KARVY. The investors can do the same online.

So Members of ISC! Please be alert and complete necessary action very quickly.

(N.B.: FATCA-Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act)
    I hope that necessary action has been taken, wherever applicable, by the investing Members. Today is the last day for updation relating to compliance of FATCA.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Partha, thank you very much for the information and updates regarding Nation Pension Scheme and Mutual. I hope most people have submitted their required documents. Your updates has alerted everyond. Thanks.
    Be the Hero of the zero hour!

I request the Editor to lock this thread. It's purpose is over.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.