You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Why did points deduct in forum response?

I have response in a forum thread generated by Anosua M. in which some question are asked. I have responded in thread and tried to answer all the questions. When I post I got total points 4 but after some minute it changed to point 1. Please visit this thread .
    Where was I wrong? Was my answer not point to point? Saji sir requested for the members to be careful for thread of this nature.
    I can not understand what was wrong in my answer? I request lead editor, editors and members to please guide me where was I wrong so that I would be careful in future.
    Hakimuddin,

We are checking it out & will get back to you on this issue.

(By the way - the editor's name is Saji Ganesh and not Sai. Please mention a member's name correctly.)

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks Madam, Sorry for name mistake. I have edited it.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Hakimuddin,

Please see my response in that thread. It is necessary to provide more concise information and cover relevant aspects rather than just giving generalized details. If the clarity is missing, then the member will depend on incomplete information. However, as of now we are restoring the points of the response since it was not entirely incorrect as such and you did make an effort to help out a fellow member.

Also, note that the link given by Saji was not out of place. In fact, we have often told members that it does help to provide a link to the specific page of Help Topics to support an answer. You could also use the search box and locate threads where the Webmasters or editors may have given an apt answer or posted a thread which provides clarity to the queries posted by the member. It is just that, like I said, more clarity should be given when answering along with the link which is given.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Thanks madam I will remember in future.
    Honesty is the best policy.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.