You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

From the 'Last Emperor' to 'Bahubali- the conclusion' ......

'Bahubali - the conclusion' is doing well across the country and abroad. The making of the film got its due credit and thanks to the effort made by the Film Director Rajmouli. Now it seems to be certain that the film is going to get a nomination for the Oscar award.

But this film makes me to rewind my College days when we never missed the Hollywood movies on their release in India. One such movie was 'The last Emperor' portraying the life of Pu-Yi, the last emperor of China directed by Bernardo Bertolucci. It was released in 1987 and considered as a monumental film with great artistic achievements in any artistic medium. The change from the imperial and religious traditions of ancient China to the total modern communist China was well portrayed in the film. It won 9 Oscars and the action of the Baby emperor by the child artist was marvelous.

Hope film lovers would recollect the same and the latest Bahubali appears to have touched such height in the history of films.
    I was inspired by d movie kudos to the director

Nice comparison made by the editor the most famous film of those days Last Emperor with that of Baahubali 2 which has proved to be all time record victory in Indian and world cinema. In a interview the modest director Rajamouli said that he got the inspiration from the directional abilities of Sanjay Leela Bhansali and that paved way for Baahubali 1 and 2. And there was always a hysteria created in the film circles that only Hindi film directors have the ability to give us magnum opus. And thus Rajamouli proved the world that given the olden era story, the story depicting if done with right perspective and with the cooperation of technical excellence team and arresting music to cater to the mass, a movie can be created on par with other Hollywood movies which tasted success of this great heights.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Bahubali 1 and 2 both are created a new era in the history of Indian film industry in general and south Indian film industry in particular. This is a nice reply given by the director to all the people who say that not only hindi directors but also other directors can do an excellent job and produce films on par with hollywood movies. My both the sons watched the movie. They were thrilled with the way in which the film was made and the par excellence of all the people taken part in the movie. Tomorrow I got my ticket booked.

I have seen many hollywood movies. I still remember the movie Ten commandments. This is the best film I watched in hollywood movies. I have no chance to see the movie 'The last Emperor' .

drrao
    always confident

I am yet to watch the film to post my comments. However, my relatives and friends who watched the film say "Excellent". It deserves praise, appreciation and applause from the public. The filmdom is moving forward to greater heights with films like Bahubali I and II.

I have seen 'The last Emperor' but don't remember it.

No life without Sun

On one hand I'm happy and on other I don't really want Bahubali to win the Oscar. Now don't question my patriotism.
    I don't think Bahubali is really that good. Wait! It's hardly good. All the Oscar winning movies until now, had a moral or a lesson to teach. What possibly could Bahubali teach you?
    I'm not meaning to offend anyone, but Bahubali is just not an Oscar deserving movie.
    There are thousands of Bollywood and even Telugu movies that are far better. Shouldn't they go in it's place?

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Aditya Mohan
    Movies with moral values is not the main criterion for getting qualified for the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar award. But the main criterion is the dialogues should be in foreign language (not English). Foreign films with too many English dialogues are disqualified.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

It was an excellent movie and those who were behind the curtains require a hug round of applause and praises. Their hard works has showed a very good impact in the mind of people and it was a really big treat for the audience. As we know that the movie was remake into many languages so as the movie became famous between everyone.

Hands off to all the master brain behind the movie for super graphics and effects.

Mitra,

Please don't pull the old threads which are more than 10 days old. Go through the posting guidelines and Help topics to know the Dos and Don'ts.

Regards,
    Jagdish

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.