You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Smoking is injurious to health, yet some need a break to smoke!

We are all well versed with the precautionary - 'Smoking is injurious to health'. On silver screen, the shot continues with the actor smoking and we will be prompted with the 'Five word' alert'. It is not uncommon that people who are habituated to smoking would take time to smoke before arriving at a decision. Same is the case with the employees dealing with important files and they want to get relaxed with a break for a smoke before clearing a critical case. I saw a doctor who has to undertake a surgery got relaxed with a Cigarette before and after the surgery. A cine script writer says he would get the flow of thoughts while smoking and then only he can pen down them.

Many successful people have this habit and psychologically addicted to it with a feel that they would breathe their fresh air to generate fresh thought with the aid of this small piece!
    What do you say?
    Only yesterday in our office a workshop was organised by the Brahma Kumaris on 'stress-free' living. When most of the officers and staff were busy attending the workshop/seminar, two or three officers (incluing myself) were engaged in dealing with a extremely sensitive and confidential case. w e were very stressed because the decision was getting changed/modified in every 15 minutes after receiving fresh and new inputs. While smoking to reduce stress, I wasthinking that some of my colleagues are reducing their stress by meditation and other spiritual techniques, I was reducing my stress by inhaling nicotine. What a contrast!

The view expressed by the author, Mr. Patro is apt.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

In my company, my senior was a chain smoker but had a good character that he never smoke before others and inside the office, though he got a senior position in the company. Suddenly he got an idea of going to sabarimala on some thought and he just gave up his smoking habit. Till day he is not smoking even one per day.

I saw once in a bus stand a man about 50 years of age smoking continuously amidst his intermittent cough. I felt by seeing him pity what was the necessity of smoking in that bad condition.

when I was in the meeting with union office bearers at Bangalore, arranged in a hotel room a/c, I suffered as anything as my colleague (management side) was continuously smoking during the discussion and that too in the closed a/c room.
    The smokers should see themselves initially and if they could not control they should see others at least.

'Smoking is injurious to health'. This is printed on all cigarette packing boxes. Every smoker will see and read this. In all the cinema halls they are showing the ill effects of smoking. But how many smokers are giving up smoking?
    It is true that many great people also have this habit. They feel relieved by smoking. But they don't understand they are spoiling the health of others. I heard some people saying that without smoking they can't start any work. Some people say they will get new ideas if they have a smoke. I don't understand how far it is true. There are many other ways to get your mind fresh. But nobody has right to spoil the fellow human beings by leaving nicotine into the atmosphere. Addiction may be psychological, but it is true they are creating a problem to the environment.

drrao
    always confident

We can take it in the other way.Smoking is' injurious' not only to the smoking persons but to the surrounding persons also. I have seen many smoking persons throwing the end bits of cigarettes or bidis on the road without setting off. This will hurt many people those who are on the way without chapels that too in hot summer, the suffering of such persons who hurt is unexplained In some situations many people smoking and reading papers or sipping tea and hit the others unknowingly with their cigarettes. .

Mr. Pattabiraman (#597756): Is there a relationship between a mild addiction (smoking) and having a good character.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Smoking is injurious we all know that. But does anyone know that humans have been smoking ever since the dawn of the civilization? Smoking pipes were unearthed in many sites and dates back to 5000 BC. But it was re-introduced into Europe in 15th century. Indians have been smoking since 2000 BC. And none indulges in a practice that kills, right? So is it truly the tobacco that's killing us or there's something more deeper?
    Modern cigarettes contain many harmful toxins , one of these being, arsenic, causes serious health troubles and sometimes cancer.
    I think there's a huge conspiracy running behind the scenes.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Those who are regular smokers, they cannot avoid the same due to their addiction and the habit. If you take the word Habit and remove the letter H, the word stays is Abit, if you remove the letter A and then continue the word, it says Bit, and if you remove the letter B and still read the word it says It. So what I mean to stress that those who are habitual smokers and have progressed in the life with deep planning and thinking cannot get rid of smoking even though the cost of cigarette is being increased in every budget. Though the warning signs on the cigarette packs really scare the common man and family persons, the smoker wont give a thought on it. When I asked one of the smoker that he is inviting death for sure within short period by smoking, he thundered back that he shall quit smoking and how shall I can ensure him further life without illness and insecurity to his life. ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sign In to post your comments