You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is it good for the good to have a mirror at the entrance to our house?

Today, I visited one of my friend at Bengaluru. There, I could see a mirror placed at the entrance to her house. The mirror is placed in such a way that the visitors will have a look at the mirror as they step into her house. It is be first object that is sighted by the visitor .When I enquired about it, she said that it is good to have a mirror for the good. I wondered.

Members, Have you seen or heard about such sentiments of having a mirror at the entrance to our house for the good?
    I don't know what traditional or supernatural value the practice has, but it surely is psychologically beneficial.
    As soon as you enter the house, you get to look at yourself. This might boost your confidence and raise your self-appreciation. I'd like to add a less likely scenario for comic purpose, when a burglar breaks into the house through the front door, he'll be surprised as hell. Or the beautiful ladies might discover that they ventured outdoors without makeup as soon as they enter your house.
    And the mirror reflects sunlight if your house faces east. Cool! Isn't it? Your house will look beautiful.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

I have seen some houses,IDo not the spiritual/sentimental reason,but one way it is useful to correct our hairstyle when we move out

Yes there are many purpose to the owner who has fixed a mirror in front of his house. Firstly mirror is the reflection of self. Those who are having vengeance against the owner and has the evil eye against his progress or when the neighbors feel cunning over his children progress, such evil eyes would surely destroy the tranquility in the house and mirror would take care of it. That means the bad intentions would change immediate as one sees his or her own image on the mirror. More over those who come from outside may look shabby or ugly and the mirror kept in front of the house can be used to set right the things. And if any thief or burglar attempts to loot the house, he would be terrified to see his own face in the mirror and may think that some one is already inside and following him.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes, I have seen this in one of the flats of a known person. They placed a big mirror facing the main entrance door. On inquiring, the person said it is good to have one as it reflects positive vibes entering the house.

When I asked the person about reflecting of negative vibes, I couldn't get a convincing reply from the person. I have no practical knowledge on this. It's a sentiment. I think this is a Feng shui practice. Not sure.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Well when you go to big Army installations or office, we can see a big mirror right opposite the main gate. Of course that has been kept to have clear view of main road traffic from either side and proceed.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I have seen this in one or two places. What is the reason for keeping mirror at the entrance I don' t exactly. When I asked those owners, they told me that it will bring good to the house. I don't know the basis for this.

But one advantage for the visitor is he can see his face and feels like having a wash, he can do that in that house. While the people from house go out they can have a final look at them before leaving. Similarly any visitor wants to get ready, he need no go inside. In the hall itself he can get ready

drrao
    always confident

Sign In to post your comments