You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

How can moral education be imparted to the students?

Moral education is necessary for the student and it should be imparted from the beginning of the education. But in present education system, no moral education system. Even parents do not have time to teach moral education to their children.
    Without moral education how can we expect a healthy society? If we want to give our future generation a great and healthy society then moral education must be imparted to them.
    members please share you opinion in this thread how can we impart moral education to students?
    I am sorry to say that schools are not giving prominence to moral education and even the play schools which are supposed to be stepping stone for Kinder Garten are not teaching the moral education. Thus the onus is on parents and especially mother should take the lead and teach the moral lesson even from the infant stage. Nobody knows the child better than mother and if she instills confidence in the child by teaching good moral lesson, surely the child would be one step ahead than others in school days and the best student during his college days. And the pat would goes to the mother for his behavior.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

As a student, I will accept the morals being preached to me only under two conditions:
    1. I respect and look upto the teacher who imparts such knowledge to me.
    Every person will have few people in their lives whom they admired and looked upto. And when such people tell us words of wisdom, it reaches straight to the heart.
    2. When a person who loves me a lot, tells me very affectionately to walk in the path of morality. This is generally in most of our lives, our mother. Sometimes, also your favorite teacher who was partial to you and loved you.
    Apart from these two aspects what matters the most is what you tell your child at home. Do you tell them that you are proud of your ethics? That the world around you will ultimately respect people with morals? That the society around you will reward morally correct people in the long run? Make sure a child believes the society rewards people with ethics and the child will fight for that belief for the rest of the life.

In olden days when common families were there, the grandchildren used to go and ask the grandparents to tell them some stories before sleep. Then the grand parents used to narrate them good stories from our epics like Mahabharata, Ramayana and Bhagavatam. These stories used to impart knowledge of ethics and morals to children. So many of them were understanding the importance of morals. Those days money was not playing that much important role. But those days are gone.

Now no united families. Grand children are busy in corporate schools and colleges pursuing ranks in their classes. Parents always pressurizing the children for ranks. No time for moral education.

It is the responsibility of the parents to see that their children will understand the importance of ethics and morals
    They should find sometime to teach their children these important issue of life. If they tell them as stories, it will have lot of impact on their mind.

drrao
    always confident

Nuclear families, technological advancements has made people more addicted towards gadgets. Parents are time-bound with their work pressure, children are bound to mobiles, latest gadgets, and addicted to social networking sites. There is less interactions with family members and others. The values can be taught to children from the young age by parents. They need to spare some time for their children to talk to them tell stories about great people, by buying books or allowing them to watch moral values stories on internet. Regularly speaking to them about the stories of valor, respect, humbles, courage etc can be told at young age to instill these values. Our epics are great sources for teaching moral values. Schools follows regular curriculum to covers aspects of moral values to teach the children by conducting various activities. Sports day helps in building team spirit and encourages confidence etc. Others functions like investiture ceremonies help in inculcating the values of responsibility and leadership qualities. Henceforth other activities at school emphasis on various aspects of values. It is important for parents to shoulder their share of teaching, their children the role of good conduct in the society and to build values for becoming a good citizen..

I think morals are something that are for an individual to find out. Yet, for the young though, some guidance must be imparted. And I thing morals can only be learnt by displaying.
    Instead of reading children fairy tales, be their angels. Try to do good and be good before them. Because children are good at mimicking, they'll repeat your actions later, thereby learning morals without even learning anything.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Hello,
    Moral Values are the worthy ideals or principles that one follows to distinguish the right from the wrong. These ideals or virtues are considered worthy in building up the character of an individual.

Moral Value refers to the good virtues such as honesty, integrity, truthfulness, compassion, helpfulness, love, respectfulness, hard-work, etc.

Students are the future of India. The future of our country depends upon the moral values imparted to them during their student life. Moral lessons should be properly implemented among students in school and colleges.

It was in the school daily time table, though there was no examination and marks, there was Moral Instruction classes. In my school the MI teacher taught the lessons from Hindu,Muslim and christian religions in the story forms. After,I believe,1975, such classes were stopped in many schools. But I strongly insist the MI classes by adding as a subject comprising lessons from all religions in all standards with examination and marks. It is a must for our country as more immoral activities are killing many in this world.

The best way to impart moral education effectively is by being an example living a correct moral life.

Moral Education can be imparted by introducing in it school syllabus.There should be a period in school syllabus ,in which teachers and students share stories of Moral Values.These stories should have essence of morals.Children want to listen stories,if these have moral values ,they learn a lot.They learn too much from teaching Biographies and Auto-biographies.There should be curriculum to teach Moral Science in which above will teach.

• Sign In to post your comments