Me, a box - creative writing story contestThis is the first of the fun things to do for ISCians this summer!
Some of you may recall the "Me" theme series of contests conducted last year. Here's another one ~ Write a creative autobiographical story on the theme "Me, a box". All members, including editors, are welcome to participate and you can make a go at writing even if you consider your English skills as weak. Such contests give you the opportunity to showcase your creative side.
What you have to do: Just think out of the box! Consider yourself a box (any type, make, size, colour, etc) and write about your experiences as that box.
1. Only one entry per member is allowed.
2. Submit your entry in English only in: Discussion Forums >>About IndiaStudyChannel>>Creative Writing. Then submit the URL of the thread in a response in this thread to be considered for the contest prizes. Please put a clickable link to this announcement thread at the end of your story to make others aware of this contest.
3. The title of your story must have the word 'box' in it.
4. The story should be minimum 450 words and maximum 650 words. If you wish, you can give one internal link (not more) to any ISC page.
5. You are allowed to edit your story for general corrections (such as spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc) but do not change the main story. Other members are allowed to give feedback in responses in your thread.
1. The top 2 best entries will each get a cash award of Rs.150/- and a certificate of creativity from our virtual gift shop.
2. The second best entry will get a cash award of Rs.100/-.
3. The third best entry will get a cash award of Rs.75/-.
4. One or two consolation prizes may be given of Rs.50/-.
5. All entries may be given enhanced points & cash credits as per the quality of the entry.
Last date to submit entries: 18th May 2017.