You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

Can you name the Indian politicians who were/are clean in their political career?

Members,
    We have sound knowledge about our own politicians of India. Most of the politicians are corrupt. Is there any politician who was/is not corrupt with a clean image. Do you know any such politicians from your state? If. yes, Can you name them and say few words of praise about their honesty, integrity and their clean image?
    I can name at least two: Lalbahadur Shastri ffrom Uttar Pradesh and Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy from West Bengal. Despite repeated attempts by their critics to prove otherwise, their political carrier have been/was spotlessly clean.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

There were some good and clean politicians of our country and to start with I would give greater credit of integrity and honesty to former Prime Minister Gulzarilal Nanda. He was so down to earth person, though in Congress party he was never involved in corrupt practices and yet led normal life to such an extent that he did not have a house of his own. I will give second credit to Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee who is not having any stain so far and he is also regarded most in the Congress circle. I do not think any other leader is having such a clean record in politics than the above two.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes Mr. Sun, in present senario I don't find a single name which is not corrupt. But as Mr. Partha said late Lal Bahadur Shastri ji was one of the most respected politician and out of any type of corruption.
    I also want to name late Mr. Madhav Rao Sindhia of M.P. I remember an incident. He was railway minister of India. And due to an accident ( though he was not directly responsible for that accident) he took moral responsibility and resigned from his post. We will not see such an example in present politics.

Honesty is the best policy.

Very rare and difficult to find good number of names.
    As already mentioned by everybody, our late Prime Minister, Mr. Lal Bahadur Sastry is the first person who will come to our mind.
    Sri Ashoka Gajapathi Raju, present Minister in Modi's Government is another man who never involved in any corrupt practices.
    Our present Prime Minister Mr.Modi's name is not involved in any corruption issues. Mr. Atal is another clean politician. Mr.P.V.Narasimha Rao was involved in some controversies, but he never made any money for him. He has to fought his case by selling house for expenses. The very reason he was sidelined in congress may be this.

drrao
    always confident

I believe in Modi. I haven't seen such a patriotic politician. In these three years, he has not involved any controversies. Happy to see have a Prime Minister as him.

• Sign In to post your comments