You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

An untold story of a lunch box

Do you know me? Yes, all of you know me. I am a lunch box. All of you have used me in your life. Some of you have used me in school life, some of you in college life and some of you is using me in the office life too.
    I am a three pieces lunch box of red and white colours combination. A teddy bear is also printed on me. Once I was place in a shop for a long time. The shop keeper did not clean dust from me and I was very dirty. Suddenly I saw a small boy with her mother came to shop.
    Mother: Please show me a lunch box for my kids. He will go to school from tomorrow and it would be his first day in school.
    Shop keeper: Madam, which colour will you prefer?
    Mother: I think, yellow will be better.
    Suddenly the kid told: No, no, I need a red lunch box.
    Mother: Ok, let me show a nice red lunch box.
    Shopkeeper came near me and looked at me. He took me in his hand after a long time and cleaned me with a cloth. Now I was looking pretty good.
    Mother and kid both liked me at first sight. Now I came to know my value when mother paid Rs. 250/- to shopkeeper.
    Kid did not want to leave me for a second. He was very excited and I was shown to everybody at home. I was feeling very happy. Within 2 hours the kid has kissed me a lot of times.
    Next day the kid was ready to go to school. His mother took me and washed me. She cleaned me from both the sides inner and outer. After that she cleaned me with a clean piece of cloth. After cleaning me she put a hot potato paratha in side me. It was terrified for me but I was helpless. She also put some chutney and once again I did not like it. But I could not do anything.
    When I was reached at school the kid hanged me on a wall. Every child was excitedly looked at me and praised me. I was also feeling good and excited that every student wanted me as his lunch box.
    In recess kid opened me and ate paratha with chutney. His madam then told all the students to wash hands and also their lunch box. The kid washed me with his small hand with love. I can't share my feeling of that time with you. Now I also loved kid whose name was Deepak. Now Deepak and I were friends and it was my routine to live all the time with Deepak.
    10 years passed very quickly and now Deepak was leaving home for further study at Kota. He put me in his almirah. Once again I was alone. Nobody was there to take care of me.
    Once again I got dirty due to dust. Now in present condition I am very dirty. Nobody wants to look at me. I remember when I went school with Deepak and every student praised me. I am waiting for Deepak once he will come again to home. When he will open his almirah he will look at me. I think, he will also cry with me when we again meet. But when I can't say.

This story is the entry for the contest of this thread .
    Good narration from the author on the life of lunch box which has the natural ingredients to which everyone has gone through. Good try.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thank you sir.
    Honesty is the best policy.

Very nice story and well presented by Mr. Kuwakhedawala. The children will have lot of love for their items. The same has been brought up by him very nicely in the story. I wish him all the best for the competition.
    drrao
    always confident

Very nice story on the life of lunch box . Good luck for the competetion

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.