You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

The Lost "Box" full of marriage jewels and clothes found

The Marriage of Indira Krishnaswamy family was over at Triplicane in Madras and every one are getting readied to start for Hyderabad. This has happened in the year 1977 when two of my sisters got married on single day with different Muhurat timings and the guests were invited for both marriages held at same function hall. All gone well and the guests were duly entertained and seen off after treating them with good meals and return gifts.

Now the time for parting from the relatives in Chennai. All of them felt very happy for we performing the marriage in Madras otherwise they would have missed the twin marriage on single day. Whole things were packed and arranged in a systematic manner so that nothing should miss from the function hall , nor at station or while reaching at Hyderabad.

All luggage were securely loaded in the train and the journey began. My father advised us not to sleep and have a eye on the people and materials. The train was going in speed and every one went asleep but me, my mother, and my father were having vigil on luggage and keeping awake.

The train arrived at Hyderabad and we transported all the luggage through railway workers and after reaching home we found one box was missing and another one was new which we could not open. We realized that the jewel and bride clothes box was missing and that really trying time for entire family. When everyone was weeping and crying for missing luggage, suddenly a person came to our house and informed that they misplaced a box with them and we by mistake brought their suitcase. My brother in law has the habit of maintaining diary and thus mentioned our house address there. Thus we had sigh of relief and the original box was returned to us and we could find all the jewels and clothes in tact. This was really happened in our family.

Creative writing contest entry on " Box"
    [Not a valid entry for the contest as it is not an autobiographical story as per contest theme.]
    Mr.Mohan The incident is narrated very well. Of course he is habituated to narrate well each time and every time. The family was very lucky they got back the box.

I have my very bitter experience. Myself and my wife attended a marriage in kakinada some time during 1989. We had a suitcase with our clothes and my wife's hand bag with some gold ornaments. I had gone for sleep. The luggage is with my wife inside the house. The next day morning I asked my wife to get me the toothbrush. To our surprise, we couldn't find our suitcase as well as my wife's handbag. We have searched but no use. No money to go back. My mother in law gave me Rs.100/-. With that we both gone back to my village without even changing the night dress as all were missing.
    I wish all the best to Mr.Mohan for the competition.

drrao
    always confident

But if I'm not wrong the topic was "Me as a box" and not "Me and a box" (Me, a box)

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.