- Category: Miscellaneous
- #598024So many entrance examinations are a big nuisance for the student as well as his family who is supporting him. It is not only putting lot of inconvenience but also financial hardship.
Though it is a Herculean task for government to bring every similar thing under one combined test still some solution to this problem at state level should be found.
This multiplicity of tests creates clash of timings and gives scope for manipulation and malpractice.
Knowledge is power.
- #598030Umesh thanks for supporting this thread. There is a mad rush for so called entrance test which serves no purpose but escalates tension in students and parents.
'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
- #598034The aspirations of the students and their parents for professional courses is the reason for the entrance tests. Seats are less and demand is more. There should be a system to assess the merit of the students aspiring for a seat and so the entrance examinations are conducted. It is the choice of a student to write an entrance examination or not. Unfortunately, the students have no option than to write the entrance examination. The marks obtained in the Inter or 12th. class cannot be taken as a true measure since there is no uniformity of the syllabus in various places in India.
The conduct of the examinations is also a point of concern. At many places, there are instances of malpractices being resorted to. This gives an unfair advantage to students of some areas. One can remember what happened in Bihar and other places. Considering all these problems, the entrance examinations have become necessary.
" Be Good and Do Good "
- #598036The students are feeling depressed due to so much entrance tests.The main cause is too much population. Nalanda Open University had advertised 500 seats for B.ed entrance test.The candidates were more than 5000.The university collects exam fee ,students appear in the exam in hope of admission. But they get no chance.their hope shatter.Their is not certainty of admission after getting good marks.It is challenge for the govt.Private colleges get good chances in this way ,these colleges take good donation for taking admission.Govt should have work for these.
- #598040I think this is the right time to bring common test for the admission in all affiliated Universities and Colleges in India. The CBSE conducted conducted common entrance test to admit the students in NITs and IIT in India by JEE main and JEE Advanced. This type of entrance must be implemented to other institutions in India.
- #598045This is a very good point of concern, Mr.Mohan.It is very difficult to write so many examinations, that too in this hot summer. When we see the parents, sitting outside the examination center in this hot summer, we feel pity for them. I don't understand why so many examinations are required. Every private university is conducting their own entrance test. The students and parents with a hope will go and write the exam. A solution to this problem is very much required.
CSIR is conducting a common test all over the country, for giving fellowships for research scholars after their post graduation. Only those qualified in this exam are eligible for fellowship. For getting a lecturer post after post graduation, one should qualify in this. This is common for all over India. The central government, HR ministry should bring in such type of examination common to all. Basing on the rank obtained in this exam one should be given a seat of their choice. Otherwise it is mentally, physically and financially a big concern for everybody.