You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

How do you see these kind of occasional slogans.

It is time for admission and every educational institution started giving advertisement and there will be interesting slogans too. One such slogan I have seen recently is 'inspire to aspire' from a college and one more coaching centre about NEET coaching in regional language Tamil, ___________ il padi, medical seatai pidi, meaning do it in ___________ and catch the medical seat.

_____ (name I do not want to reveal). I really felt, whether it is getting into or admitted or really catching the seat by any means.

Members may come with interesting such slogans they come across or discuss about the impact of these slogans.
    I may not be able to give any slogans of such type. But definitely I can say it will not have much impact. Impact will come from the ranks obtained by the students of that institution in the past years. Word of mouth from parents of students of that institution will also have some impact. That is why if you put on TV or open any newspaper, you will find so many advertisements telling the ranks of their students. They advertise as if they are only responsible for ranks of the students. The role of parents or the hardships of students will never count.

But nobody need to go basing on these slogans or advertisements. How good are the teachers? how good are the amenities? How reasonable is the fees? Actually these points are to be studied for getting your ward admitted to an Institution.

drrao
    always confident

Yes some occasional slogans becomes very famous over the course of time and the time of releasing such slogan is different. In fact what the author shared is according to the current opposition of TN for not agreeing to NEET and against imposing Hindi as compulsory. I wish to bring the slogan coined out by our PM Narender Modi- Sab ka saath, sab ka vikaas. This is really a great slogan as there is no siding or favoring any religion or the cult. All the religions would come forth in his developmental plank and thus even Congress could not find fault with the slogan . So creating slogan also assumes importance.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan's comment reminded me of another slogan of BJP after Vajpayee's term that India is shining. But at that time, really that shining star has been missed and misunderstood by many with the new introduction of privatisation and now people may accept the concept of privatisation with the working of authorities in both central as well as state and states are more of narrowing down with development.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

If a slogan is adopted only for advertizement purpose then it is all business tactics to attract people and squeeze high fees. There are some institutions who give slogans based upon the performance of the institution as well as the outstanding careers of its student after completing courses from there. In that case it makes some sense.

We must not be trapped by these slogans and rather should decide an institution based on its reputation and academic standards.

Knowledge is power.

But the slogans introduced by USSR President Gorbachev during his tenure were the best. Glasnost and Perestroika- the new thinking. In those days these two words were very famous.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments