You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

The baby over of three balls was all I had got.

The vacation has started and plans for playing would have been made by the children all around. When I recall my childhood then I was very keen for playing cricket especially with some to the seniors of my hood. They won't allow me to play usually against their seniority but sometimes I would be able to trade my equipment and hence could get the chance to play with them. As the junior guy all you have to do is fielding, sometimes as a substitute fielder on both the sides and you would get last to bat and if you would ask to bowl then they could give you a baby over worth three balls. Those three balls taught me everything from being disciplined to keeping yourself on toes but sometimes you get sixes and the captain would be furious like anything. Sometimes as a batsman you would hit a boundary because six had been no luxury for a kid to hurl the ball high enough beyond his might as he was almost the size of a bat. And that boundary I would remember whole the night and would try to mimic my skills before the mirror. The time now has changed and I play with juniors and I call them to ask if they bowl and if they say yes they would have a full over.The vacation has been started and plans for playing would have been made by the children all around. When I recall my childhood then I was very keen on playing cricket especially with some to the seniors of my hood. They won't allow me to play usually against their seniority but sometimes I would be able to trade my equipment and hence could get the chance to play with them. As the junior guy all you have to do is fielding, sometimes as a substitute fielder on both the sides and you would get last to bat and if you would ask to bowl then they could give you a baby over worth three balls. Those three balls taught me everything from being disciplined to keeping yourself on toes but sometimes you get sixes and the captain would be furious like anything. Sometimes as a batsman you would hit a boundary because six had been no luxury for a kid to hurl the ball high enough
    beyond his might as he was almost the size of a bat. And that boundary I would remember whole the night and would try to mimic my skills before mirror. The time now has changed and I play with juniors and I call them to ask if they bowl and if they say yes they would have a full over of six balls.
    This is the general aspect anywhere. If one wants to play cricket with his seniors (in Age) , the treatment he gets is same. My son during his childhood was trying to play cricket with my brothers and their friends, they used to treat him like that only. He used to come and make a complaint to me about them. Then I used make him happy by playing with him.

As you have understood the problem, now you are good at your juniors and making them happy by giving 6 balls over. Good

drrao
    always confident

I request the author to resubmit this thread once again as the content is running from left to right till the end of the page on the right and thus I could not read the matter behind ads appearing on right side.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I still remember same thing happened in my childhood. But since I was good batsman I never had to fight for batting. I was always confused over my bowling skills but you know you never get chance of it. There will be always someone bossing in ground who becomes batsman and choose whom to give bowling and batting. I am part of league now and still feel that heat. But some instances good captain always give equal opportunities.
    Avi
    Life Is Beautiful

• Sign In to post your comments