You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

All that glisters is not gold'

This is a common saying we hear very frequently. Gold is very shiny and yellow in colour. There are many types of gold available. 1 Carat, 5 carat, 18 carat, 22 carat and 24 carat. By seeing them you can't say what is the percentage of gold. All will appear same. Don't judge by the appearance.

Similarly many people pretend to be good. They talk very nicely and behave friendly. But their intentions are different. So don't judge people by their appearance . You should understand them before we believe them. Otherwise we will be unnecessarily get deceived.
    Yes, very true. Judging something by its appearance is never a good choice, we must confirm about that first whether it is a non living thing or human.
    In old days kings and saints used to do tests in unique ways to find out one's intentions as we read in stories. Similar idea should be implemented today also.

All that glitters is not gold and this golden proverb can be connected to the behavior of certain human being who seems to be having soft corner when told about our problems but they would never reach out nor suggest something helpful to us. What I feel that when you are able and the God has given enough money and talent, you must share and get solace over it. Instead people indulge in accumulating money in such a way that they are going to stay for years together without ailments and diseases. And there are people around us who does not have anything but still help us through some means or other.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I'd like to put it in a different way. You cannot make ornaments with 100% pure gold. To be honest, purest form of gold, has no use. But when some impurities are added into it, it becomes the most dearest metal in the planet.
    Purest of the pure, don't exist. Impurity is essential to live. Nothing is flawless.
    We all have flaws. That's what makes us malleable. That's what encourages us to change. Perfection leads to stagnation.
    So try not to be perfect but useful. Be an ornament rather than a molten metal.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Yes ,all the litters are not gold.I was impressed by a lady seeing her educational qualification.She was working in
    in a prestigious school of my town.One day she was annoyed with her Principal .Then she started to abuse her in front of me. I wanted to make her stop,But she was not in control.I felt very ashamed seeing this attitude of her in front of so many persons.I thought what is the use of her degree ,which didn't make her civilized IN thinking what to say and where to say.

Sign In to post your comments