Summer vacation creative conversation contest - participate and win prizesFriends, unmindful of the heat, the school kids are having a whale of a time enjoying their summer vacation. Then why should we at ISC be left out. It should be fun-time for us too. So continuing with the series on Summer activities for ISCians, here is a conversation contest based on the theme 'summer vacation'. Every member including editors can participate in this creative contest. The contest is open till midnight of 21st May 2017. Please go through the scenarios and the rules of the contest carefully before submitting your entries.
Mentioned below are 7 scenarios, based on which you have to create a conversation between 2 or more characters (preferably fictional):
1. Conversation between two school children, excited about the forthcoming summer vacation.
2. Two mothers apprehensively conversing about the tough time they are likely to face when their kids will be at home for the vacation.
3. Your office is not ready to spare you, but you have promised the kids for a vacation in the hills. Try persuading your boss in granting you leave.
4. Son/daughter and dad/mother conversing; dad/mother focusing on utilising the time for studies & creative work; son/daughter focusing on games, fun and movies.
5. To beat the summer, you want your friend to join a swim club along with you. Your friend is however apprehensive, as he/she doesn't know swimming.
6. A man speaking to his wife on the phone and ruing about the loneliness he is facing after she left for her hometown for a vacation with the kids. (This conversation could be between 2 men also, both being left alone by their respective spouses)
7. You are seated beside a famous sportsperson on your first ever foreign trip. Pick up a conversation with him or her.
Rules & Guidelines:
1. One can submit 2 entries if one wishes. However, the 2 scenarios should be different.
2. The entries must be in English only. No usage of slangs, vulgar words or short form of words. The language should be appropriate and no obscene or double meaning text please.
3. Entries should be posted as a response to this contest thread only. In case of two entries, the 2nd one to be submitted in a separate response.
4. Bold, italics or other HTML tags are not to be used in the conversation text.
5. The conversations should be brief, say for around 3 minutes.
6. The posts could be humorous and as creative as possible, but should be realistic too.
7. Though not mandatory, one can put one (only one) internal link to any ISC page in each entry.
8. No issue if a certain scenario has been selected by one, others too can write on the same scenario.
9. Once submitted, the entries can be modified to improve upon them till the closing date.
10. The entries will be judged based on the creativity and the quality of the post. It will definitely not depend on the number of entries. Only one win per person.
Gifts and prizes:
1. The best 2 conversations would get cash reward of Rs 150/- each plus gold coins from ISC gift shop.
2. Two second best entries would get a reward of Rs 100/- each.
3. One third prize of Rs 75/-.
Sample format of conversation between 2 persons: (No need to give details about location or background settings)
And so on.
Last date of submission is: Midnight of 21st May 2017.
In case of any queries about this contest, put them in a response in this thread.
So friends, all the best. Get your grey cells working and happy conversing.