Summer activity - Word Puzzle contest (Winners)Reading a forum post, swimming in the thoughts to put a write up and the hot discussions! Isn't a great summer going in ISC? Yes, it is. Thank you everyone who took time to submit their entries for Word puzzle contest. The wait is over and before announcing the results, let me provide the answers of the contest.
There were a total of 20 questions and answers go like this:
1. People like to walk with bare feet on warm sand (8) - Seashore
2. What better way than to slurp or scoop it up on a hot day? (8) - Ice-cream
3. extremely hot (9) - Scorching
4. Delicious, super juicy summer time fruit. (10) - Watermelon
5. Protects your eyes from sun (10) - Sunglasses
6. Doesn't always turn out as predicted! (7) - Weather
7. To lie out in the sun (8) - Sunbathe
8. we need a board to dance on the waves. (4) - Surf
9. March 21st or September 23rd (6) - Equinox
10. People generally open it in summer evenings (7) - Windows
11. What the holidays in May are for school & college students (8) - Vacation
12. Fun to build this on the beach (10) - Sandcastle
13. I rise in the east, when the sun rises in the east. I turn to the west as the sun sets off (9)
14. Like cold wet palms (6) - Clammy
15. Outdoor dining (8) - Alfresco
16. Long way to go (7) - Journey
17. We enjoy this light gentle air even on a summer day (6) - Breeze
18. To cool one's dry mouth with a liquid (6) - Quench
19. A common drink available with poor and rich (10) - Buttermilk
20. Shortage of something (8) - Scarcity
Every participant would get 5 points and 5 c.c to each correct answer. Puzzle Nos.9 and 15 have been eliminated from the contest as the no. of blanks and word count provided against them in the announcement thread were erroneously shown as less. The quiz has been evaluated for 18 questions only. However, all the participants would get 5 points and 5 cc for attempting the two questions. We have received 11 entries and here is the list of all entries and cash credits awarded to them based on the no. of correct answers (including defaults points and cc). The list is based on the timings we have received the entries.
1. Meghana Reddy : 13 questions answered correctly ( 70 points and 70 cc)
2. K. Mohan : 6 questions answered correctly (35 points and 35 cc)
3. Venkiteswaran: 11 questions answered correctly (60 points and 60 cc)
4. Juana : 17 questions answered correctly (90 points and 90 cc)
5. Hakimuddin kuwakhedawala : 10 questions answered correctly (55 points and 55 cc)
6. Asha Kurian: 8 questions answered correctly (45 points and 45 cc)
7. Partha Kansabanik: 7 questions answered correctly (40 points and 40cc)
8. Joyshree: 14 questions answered correctly (75 points and 75 cc)
9. Sun: 13 questions answered correctly (70 points and 70 cc)
10. Soundharya : 16 questions answered correctly (85 points and 85 cc)
11. Naresh Kumar: (Received after closing date and entry invalid)
And the Winner who gets Rs.100/- c.c and virtual gift of flower bouquet is Juana .
Soundharya wins cash credit of Rs.75/- being the Runner up.
The Consolation Prize of Rs.50/- c.c goes to Joyshree .
Please let us know if the marks and cc allotted to you are less. Immediate action would be taken and thanks to all the participants for making time and participating in the contest.
Members, please join me to congratulate the winners and the participants.