You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Foreign Affairs

Why are we so elated?

From yesterday onwards people of India are rejoicing. The International Court of Justice (ICJ) has given its verdict in favour of India in the case of Kulbhushan Jadhav. The Court has ordered to stay the hanging of Kulbhushan Jadhav in Pakistani jail. It has also criticized Pakistan for not granting consular access to Indian High Commission Officials despite being requested sixteen times. Indian media and many Indian experts have taken it as grand victory of India over Pakistan. They are very elated.

But I am not happy. First and foremost, the judgement of the ICJ is not legally enforceable. Moreover, I have an aprehension that Kulbhushan Jadhav is not in a proper condition, if not already murdered, in Pakistani jail. Pakistan's refusal to grant consular access to Indian Officials points to that direction.

In short, I do not believe Pakistan, its kangaroo court and its authorities. We must wait and watch to see if consular access is granted to Indian authorities.
    So, the doubt is whether Mr. jadav is alive or not. Quite possible . Our neighbor country is very much capable of doing such unethical acts. We have to wait and see.

Is Pakistan bluffing in the international court of Justice. They should not do that. Most probably Mr. Jadav is alive only but condition may not be good.

Our External affairs ministry and all related worked very great and brought a positive response from ICJ. Now Internationally it is a fact that India's stand is correct. That is a reason to feel happy.

I pray God for safe release of Mr. Jadav at the earliest. Let us hope for the better.

drrao
    always confident

India has the reason to get elated for this rare happening over past many decades. India never went to International Court of Justice for any reason. But the way the rogue Pakistan is twisting and turning the things to its favor, India has to take forcefully to ICJ and the result was on expected lines. Now coming to authors doubt that the order cannot be enforced, then Pakistan has to face total boycott from the rest of the countries. UN would be ready with economic sanctions. No leaders would be visiting Pakistan nor no Pakistan leader would be allowed to seek any help from any country. So that total isolation will make Pakistan mad and odd country out in this world. I also presume Kulbhushan could have been finished as per their court order but in that case Pakistan may have to face immediate strike from India as our Defence is ready with all ammunition to work on Pakistan.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I will treat it as a first step towards achieving the goal. It is a long way so we should have a graded reaction rather than jumping to the jubilation mode. The real direction of the case will be known after next hearing in August. Let us only wish the case moves in the right direction for us. As regards Pakistan's refusal to accept the verdict, I would only say that technically it may do it but it will have wider adverse repercussions for it in the coming years. Facing India and, if fact, the world would be very difficult for Pakistan. Its reputation will be negatively impacted and the world community will certainly react to.

"Semper Sursum"

If Pakistan dares to harm Kulbhushan Jadhav in any manner (don't forget how Sarabjit Singh died in Paki jail), it can expect similar action from India. Pakis must not forget that a retired Lt. Col. of Paki Army is in Indian custody. No further details is required.

At the same time, Pakis should very well remember that a different Government is in power in India. The reaction would be different if Pakis resort to any misadventure with Kulbhushan Jadhav, who was kidnapped by ISI from Chabahar port of Iran.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Sign In to post your comments