You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

21st May is the Anti-Terrorism Day

On 21st May, 1991, India's former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi died in a suicide blast at Shiriperumpedur near Chennai. Since then this day (21st May) is being observed as Anti-Terrorism Day. On this day, all Government employees take the following pledge:

"We, the people of India, having abiding faith in our country's tradition of non-violence and tolerance, hereby solemnly affirm to oppose with our strength, all forms of terrorism and violence. We pledge to uphold and promote peace, social harmony, and understanding among all fellow human beings and fight the forces of disruption threatening human lives and values".

This year Govt. employees have taken the pledge today, because 21st May falls on Sunday. (holiday). I request all Members of ISC to take the pledge of eradicating terrorism (which is destroying human values and lives) from the country on 21st May.
    It is good that all government employees has taken pledge of opposing terrorism in our country. Every citizen of India should take the oath of eradicating terrorism in our country. Because of the brutal acts of some anti social elements many innocent persons are dying in our country. They are unnecessarily trying to create horror in the society. Such people need to be punished. I say that every Indian should take oath and work against all evil forces which are acting against the country and society.
    drrao
    always confident

Well on this National Terrorism day every citizen is duty bound to cooperate and help the law enforcing agencies to weed out terrorism completely from the Indian soil. On this matter I would like to appeal to the house owners that while letting out their portion to the unknown people in the garb of getting good rent, never compromise the National security and try to ascertain that the person is known to you either through some source or verify the family credentials before giving the portion for rent. The Hyderabad Police has been constantly doing Cordon and Search in select areas to weed out anti social elements, over staying citizens of foreign countries and also having a eye on the tenants of various apartments and Independent houses. Thus every city can be free from terror activities.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Today is Anti-Terrorism Day. On this day, I request all Members of ISC to take a silent pledge to eradicate terrorism from the face of our beautiful and bountiful country.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.