You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Mr. James Bond is no more

Mr. Roger George Moore, an English movie actor died yesterday evening as per Indian standard time at the age of 89. He is very famous as James Bond. He has world over fans. The film 'Live and Let Die' (1973 ) brought him a very good name. In a span of 12 years he acted in 7 James bond movies and won hearts of the people all over the world. After 1985 he stopped acting in this type of movies. He has written two books about his experiences as Jame Bond. A great actor. Let his soul rest in peace.
    During the later part of my school days and during my college and university days, I used to respectfully avoid classes at least twice in every month to enjoy films. I will write those grand experiences in some other forum, because such escapades may not be completely suitable for ISC. Leaving these secret things apart, I used to enjoy Bond films of Roger Moore and Sir Sean Connery. Frankly speaking, I don't like Pierce Brosnan in the role of Bond.

Although Sean Connery was my favourite, I also enjoyed the Bond films of RogerMoore.

RIP Mr. Roger Moore.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

May the soul of the great actor James Bond 007 rest in peace. I used to watch James Bond movies very interestingly in my youth days. A lovely actor whose face will be remembered forever. RIP Mr.Roger.
    No life without Sun ¤

Yes Roger Moore is no more. Yesterday when I was watching the news, this was the first headlines. I can remember his film has the James Bond 007 and even in serious scenes he used introduce comic and thus earned a name for himself which cannot be equaled.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

RIP Sir Roger George Moore.

He was one of my favourite actors. What a dashing man he was, exuding good looks and charisma. I had a huge poster of him, in my room, when I was a teen, courtesy JS magazine (Junior Statesman) that published posters of singers, actors and sports icons, mostly cricketers.

There was a theatre in Delhi, quite close to where I lived. It was called Chanakya Theatre. It was the poshest movie theatre in its time, with plush carpeting and chandeliers and beautiful bead curtains. We'd trudge on foot from our place to the theatre, crossing railway tracks to see movies there. The theatre ran only English movies and was one of the few theatres, during that time, to do so.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

• Sign In to post your comments