You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Remember: Brush your teeth everyday morning

All of us have read this. Since our childhood we know that we must brush our teeth everyday morning. We have been advised that we must brush our teeth after dinner. Even then, many of us neglect this. We don't give importance to brush our teeth twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. As a result, our dental hygiene is very poor.

To stress upon the importance of handwashing, 15th October is observed as Global Handwashing Day. Similarly, I propose that a day must be earmarkerd to stress upon the need of brushing our teeth. I propose that a suitable day must be earmarked as Global Toothbrushing Day. The manufacturers of Toothpaste will surely encourage this proposal.

Members, your opinion please!
    The author made a good suggestion on the importance of brushing and doing two times brush is must to keep our oral dental care at best. But in some countries the Nov 1st or June 26th are observed as National brush day or oral dental care. But India must set a standard on the basis of International Yoga day , a day dedicated for National brushing day and that could be Nov 14th. We know on this day the Jawaharlal Nehru Birthday is being celebrated and children are being remembered with a holiday. So on every Nov 14th the central government must educate the small children for the need to brush two times a day. And on this day all the tooth paste manufacturers and tooth brush manufacturers must donate the products for free to the children to promote the event. Any takers ?
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It was very recently that we had discussed the topic in detail in this forum. It is just that the author has tried to add a new dimension to the point by suggesting a global toothbrushing day. I am not sure but I think such efforts may amount to re-publishing a content. If we are to have a day for brushing then we need to have special days for so many other things in life. Having discussed earlier on different occasions about the irrelevance of such days and also the point that such special days are more or less a part of advertisement strategy by multi-national companies, I don't support this suggestion.
    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance- George Bernard Shaw.

Saji when Oral dental care day is being observed whats wrong with having a National Brushing day initiated by India on the lines of Yoga day which must be India centric.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr Mohan, doesn't oral dental care include brushing of your teeth? I think so. Don't you?
    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance- George Bernard Shaw.

Thanks to Mr. Mohan for agreeing to my view. We must have a Global Toothbrushing Day like Global Handwashing Day. This would help RISING our consciousness level to brush our teeth regularly.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Ha ha. I enjoyed your lampoon . The habit and craze for declaring various'days" has reached a ridiculous level.
    Not sure what all more days w have to observe or celebrate.
    I take this thread only for its sarcasm.

I feel what Mr. Saji Ganesh expressed is correct. Like western countries India also started having many days like this. Why only for brushing, why not for bathing,combing, etc,. I don't think we should have a day for brushing.

All toothbrush,toothpowder and toothpaste companies use this occasion to sponsor all the events of that day on TV and they go on hammering the same from morning to evening. TV channels will money. But there will not be any other use.

drrao
    always confident

There is a slight spelling mistake of brush in the thread which may lead to something else and so it may be corrected

I concur with some comments that keeping a day for everything may not be in our cup of tea.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

• Sign In to post your comments