You must Sign In to post a response.
Members are requested to stick to the guidelines while posting responses here.
  • Category: Kerala

What is happening in 'God's own country'?

Kannur: A beautiful place in the northern part of 'God's own country'. The culture of violence has been continuing in this place for more than ten years or so. RSS members are regularly being killed in this place. But of late, this place is going down the ladder very rapidly. Five days ago, a CPI(M) Politburo member Kodiyeri Balakrishnan stated in a public meeting that Indian Army could kill people indiscriminately and rape women if AFSPA is imposed. How can the Indian National Congress remain behind? Members of this grand old party slaughtered a cow in public, cooked its meat and distributed it.

Needless to state that all these are being done to fan communal trouble in this beautiful state, so that India's liberal brigade can readily blame the BJP for communal problem, if any, in future.

We are watching helplessly how 'God's own country' is becoming more liberal, more secular.
    This phrase is only according to one religion and hence it cannot be taken for the general purpose and also it is not defined by any government policy?.(may be clarified by knowledgeable members) This phrase mostly used by tours and travels of private importance.

The other happenings you mentioned may be the state ruled by opposition and to show their rejection, that might have been as a road show.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Ms. Saroja: I have not clearly understood your views. If you could kindly elaborate your views, then the issue can be discussed further.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

In a communist ruled state we cannot expect same kind of reciprocation as done in other states. The way the RSS workers are targeted and eliminated and how the cow was slaughtered and distributed the beef in public shows the interference of hooligans against the law and the center can immediately arrest those responsible for going against the law. Even the center can get the report from the governor on law and order break down as the central government rules are not followed and hence the governor can recommend to the president to impose President rule in the state and that is going to happen.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Indians are very tolerant. Indian rules are also very accommodating. Indian judiciary is very slow. The law varies from court to court. I think this is the only country which is very very soft on ill doings. These things are making things easy for non followers of laws and rules.
    When the central government makes a rule, openly some body is not honoring it. Do you think in any other country this is possible. The culprits are to be punished. When a rule is made, we are bound to follow. That situation is to be brought in this country also.

Government has to act tough and see that nothing thi sort will happen again anywhere in the country.

drrao
    always confident

These culprits need thrashing. Regular and merciless thrashing will teach them (including the CPM leader) proper lesson. Today in Bengaluru, the organisers of the beef-party have been properly thrashed. They have learnt the lesson.

Government has more priority tasks than beef banning etc. Today beef, tomorrow they will say don't eat rice and should eat only Chappathi. BJP came to power on development agenda, but seems they are deviating from it.
    Thanks,
    Suresh.

Partha at #599502, I can understand your emotional outburst but, are we not still living under a rule of law? Are we still a democracy and do we need to follow the law? You sound more like a one-sided politician when you encourage thrashing of those who are against your ideology.

While I agree that culling of the cow in public by the Youth Congress men can never be justified and need to be condemned, to say that protesting in other ways by the people of Kerala should be dealt with physically also need to be condemned. Let law take it's own course. We can't have henchmen taking the law into their hands.

And regarding your assertion in the thread that RSS members are being regularly killed in Kannur in Kerala, while I am strongly against any violence, be it be political or religious, you must not forget that many communist workers have also been killed by the BJP and RSS in the melee. If M.M. Mani, a minister in the Kerala cabinet now, has made clear his role in the killing of some RSS workers in the past during an election speech, Mr K Surendran, a State BJP leader who was a candidate in the last election to the Assembly, had also, during his election campaign, clearly said that if one of their supporters are killed or harmed, they would retaliate by giving back in numbers multiplied into ten. The feeling was repeated by Poonam Mahajan, a national BJP leader, while inaugurating a Yuva Morcha protest in Thiruvananthapuram recently.

Killing may give the political parties a martyr but have we ever thought about the loss being caused to their families? Let us not, even passively, encourage such acts!

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

1. Ideology: Mr. Saji Ganesh: How do you know about my ideology? I am telling you clearly that I don't follow or subscribe to the principles propagated by any single political party .
    2. When a jungle has already been established, isn't it prudent to follow the rules of the jungle? In a jungle, rule/law of civilised society won't work.
    3. Political violence has become a culture of communist-ruled states since the time of EMS in Kerala.
    4. Mr. Ganesh: My father is an atheist and copy-book communist (not a follower of any party). Due to my family background, I have studied communist ideology and history of communist movement in India (and in some other countries) very very carefully. So, I know that communist ideology in India propagates the destruction of the edifice of the structure of the state.
    5. I have much more to say, but I am restraining myself.

Partha,

While I appreciate your sense of humour in your posts and some informative threads about the unsung heroes of the past, some of your threads often confuse the reader as if you were advocating the 'ideology' of a major political outfit in India. I regularly follow your threads not as an editor but as an active contributor even during my 'holiday' in ISC and expressing my frank opinion here and with due regards to you.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Partha at #599561, your response does not answer the points raised by me. An effort to wriggle out smoothly after having raised some serious issue/ allegation is not appreciable. We would like to know the basis of your conclusion. I am not a communist but I can tell you for sure that the Communists today are way long different from the Communists of yesteryear.

Parties and groups need martyrs to get sympathy and exploit sentiments.Unknowing these the staunch loyalists and even innocents fall into such cleverly laid designs and raps.
    On incidence gives rise to further emotions of hatred and revenge. Thus it goes on.

If all the major parties sincerely will and allow law enforcing agencies to do their work freely and fearlessly the violence will stop and situation will become normal and peaceful fast.

Mr. Ganesh Very unfortunately I have not understood what precisely your question(s) is/are.

So far as Indian communists are concerned, let us start from the very beginning-from the time of Sripat Amrit Dange, Puranchand Joshi and B.T. Randive. The mass contact during the earliest period was done by Mujaffar Ahmed and his disciples like Jyoti Basu, Ratanlal Brahman, Snehangshu Acharya, Pramod Dasgupta. EMS and his followers developed the party in Kerala. During World War II, the communists worked against the interest of India. They called Netaji (not the present Netaji) Quisling. They supported Pakistan. Immediately after independence, they gave a slogan 'Ye Ajadi jhoota hai' and started armed struggle against Government (Randive line). EMS formed first Government in Kerala and started giving pension to Moplah hooliguns, who had earlier killed and raped men and women during Moplah rebellion. In 1962, one group of communists openly supported Chinese aggression.Naxals under Charu majumdar, Kanu Sanyal and Jangal Santhal again started armed struggle against the state.

So, notwithstanding the deterioration of standard of communists, they have stuck to their original agenda to weaken and destroy the edifice of the country.

Now waiting for your next set of questions.

• Sign In to post your comments