You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Respected Members: Kindly help me to improve my quality

This is a sincere request to the Members presently online. Today morning, I raised a thread captioned: 'I am going to the top, it is so crowded here'-said my friend Punyabrata.

The thread went as follows:

It was 1988. Some of us (friends) went to Baghmundi Hill and adjacent areas for trekking and camping. The beauty of Baghmundi Hill, Bamni Fall and surrounding jungles captivated us. But the present incident is not to describe the beauty of these places in Purulia district of West Bengal. It is about one of my friends, Punyabrata Sen.

On a bright morning, all of us started climbing the hill. At that time, many trainees of the mountaineering clubs also started climbing. (It is relevant to mention that mountaineering institutes and clubs give initial training of mountaineering at Baghmundi Hill). We were moving at leisurely pace, talking among ourselves and also occasionally conversing with the trainee mountaineers. There was much noise and the birds were disturbed by sudden arrival of many people. The birds were also chirping noisily.

Suddenly my moody friend Punyabrata announced: "Oh! I can't stand so much noise. I am going to the top. It is so crowded here." Announcing this, he left the group, started moving upwards very quickly. Even without help of rope or axe, he somehow managed to reach the top in another three hours, much to the astonishment of the mountaineering instructors who were giving instructions to their trainees.

Punyabrata stood at the top like a king. We were thinking: It is true that the top is not at all crowded. But only determined few reach there."

This thread has been deleted. The reason given: "The status of this post is Rejected due to poor quality content or violation of our content policies. "

Respected Members who are present online: Please guide me to improve the poor quality of my thread, or point out the violation of the policy. I am requesting this to improve myself.
    You can also teach me how to massage the bruised ego of the powerful.
    Author of the thread is fully aware that "The status of this post is Rejected due to poor quality content or violation of our content policies." is automated text which appears for every thread. Author has also been requested time & again not to constantly post threads which elicit no discussion. Hence it is not necessary for the editor to give a reason for such repeated type of threads. Refer also to WM's response #591276 in http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/150907-Attn-Tony-our-webmaster-ISC-is-supressing-my-rights-to-raise-important.aspx - "Everyone can have their own opinion on how to run this forum but ultimately, we have to make a call on what is right and what is wrong for this forum." Hence it is requested not to repeatedly bring up the same issue over & over again.
    It is very true that it is a poor quality thread from great Partha. What is there in your thread to discuss about or think about. You should avoid posting such threads in the ISC forum.
    No life without Sun ¤

Mr. Sun: The Editor has already told me that it is a poor quality thread. My question is how can I improve my quality.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Partha you have the great skill to remember the past and bring the memories to the fore even today. But narrating personal experience in most understandable way would be nice. Some times you start from the middle without even giving the hint of what you are going to say. One more thing once you make the content, please read once or twice and try to make additions or deletion of words. Surely that kind of self probing would get you much better writing experience and there is nothing wrong to spend few minutes to review , otherwise the write up may become a laughing stock.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mr. Mohan: I have read your comments. Now I am not in a position to give you further details, but I request you to read the last line of this thread and advise me accordingly. I am trying to anticipate why my innocent thread with profound phylosophical touch was deleted. Is my response in any other thread reason for deletion of this phylosophical thread?

The reason for the deletion was mentioned by the editor and we cannot make any comment on that. And as sought give a thought in improving quality of your write up. May be more simpler to our understanding level.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Partha, please read my response with an open mind, Kindly read it patiently and bear with me for a lengthy post. Please do not think that I am sermonising. It is just from my own personal understanding and logic as I learned things.

I cannot judge the quality of your posts or articles per se as poor or good. The quality or acceptability is contextual and situational. I can only say something based on my qualities or drawbacks in relation to online content posting, and a general guess that you also are having some of them.

The first drawback I have is that I am still in the influence and hangover of print media content posting and reading. Posting content online and searching content online is quite different from that of the physical print media platform. In print media there is direct searching by the needy by actual looking for the content by self.
    In online medium, there is an intervention or medium of a search engine. Search engine does not have intelligence with the original creativity of human intelligence. Its intelligence works on how it is programmed to perform. It does not have the discretion like human mind. The cataloguing and recall of contents by a search engine is somewhat different from the cataloguing by humans. Most online reading is from the results of specific search. So online contents have to be tuned in such a way that it comes and becomes the priority result in a search. To say in simple technical term, it is known as SEO-Search Engine Optimisation.

As ISC revenue and ranking depends on the ranking priority in search results, it is natural for the site WMs and editors to publish those content well tuned to SEO parameters.'When 'quality' is mentioned in ISC it mostly means SEO quality. ISC editors are more experienced to judge that than we are'.

Myself and many like me who are habituated to the print media writing and reading and who have come in contact with the online medium quite late in life generally are not well versed in SEO quality. (There are some members who are exception to this).

So I know well that I cannot give a good SEO quality post by myself. Personally I do not take it as a disqualification. I know very well the same could have fared better in print pages.

I hope things become a bit clearer to you. There is no need to take things personal if any of our posts are rejected or points or CC given less. Let us take that, as things stand now, as the 'algorithms' of search engine stand now, we do not measure upto their level. That is all. We may be accepted as well qualified at other situations and contexts the real life platforms rather than in the web content platform.

As mentioned by Venkateswarian sir, SEO may not the reason. According to my observation after reading your message I found that your message has no purpose, no meaning and no one get any understanding. If you have presented the incident in a meaningful way with a purpose there won't be any problem with your message. When your posting a thread, the thread must provide some message to the readers and should have some purpose. But your thread simply personal and it is not giving any meaningful idea to others.

Venkiteswaran,

If SEO is the only criteria then news items should be allowed. Trending topics are the most searched. Fake news circulating on WhatApp etc. should also be allowed, as it would draw traffic.

There should be no creative threads allowed because, well, Search Engines do not understand creativity, but then we have regular creative writing contests. I am not contesting your views but trying to find a reason for the deletion.

The post in reference is quite riveting. It actually makes you ponder. It is thought-provoking, in a beautiful way. I really wonder why it wasn't allowed.

Ramakrishna,

Even in the personal message, there is a deep message, right at the end.

Anyway, members can only guess the reason for the thread's deletion, the funny part is that despite it not being allowed, it is allowed – we are reading the content through this thread. I wish this issue is addressed by the editor, at least it'll give some clarity and we'll not have to shoot in the dark.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

Ms. Juana: Sincere thanks for reading the deleted post.

Mr. Kambhampati: "According to my observation after reading your message I found that your message has no purpose, no meaning and no one get any understanding. If you have presented the incident in a meaningful way with a purpose there won't be any problem with your message. When your posting a thread, the thread must provide some message to the readers and should have some purpose. But your thread simply personal and it is not giving any meaningful idea to others."
    What can I say to you? You have proved your greatness.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.