- Category: Miscellaneous
- #599885"we should not depend on any transport arrangement being made by the host. "-why? If so why can't we inform that sufficiently early so that the host will not waste his time and resources.
It is always better to accept and take the conveyance arrangement provided y the host if it is an unfamiliar place for us. That way we will be avoiding loses of paying excess charges and avoiding frayed tempers and tension.
To arrive at any event on or before the scheduled time is welcome. But for that one need not be egoistic as not to accept the host's conveyance or other kind of help and guidance.
- #599887In Delhi, I have noted that the invitees (except very near relatives) reach the marriage hall no before 9 p.m. Most of them are not interested in the ceremony; they are more interested in food and photo-ops. Only the near relatives remain at the time of actual marriage ceremony.
However, in Kolkata, the situation is still different. People take interest in the ceremonial part of marriage even now.
Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.
- #599891Reaching a marriage venue is the business of the invitee, that is what I believe. In certain cases arrangements will be done for taking the guests to the function. In other cases it is the guest who has to make journey arrangements.
Gold Member ISC
- #599896There is nothing wrong in depending on the transport if it is arranged by the host and if in case no transport arrangements are made then one can go by his own. And yes, we should be there on time the function starts so that we can witness the function and also the host will feel happy. But these days I have seen many people reaching the venue late. People reach venue late thinking they won't have any work there and should sit idle and hence reach venue during the lunch time.
- #599898Coming late to the venue, blaming the traffic jam and giving further more difficulties to the host were really happening in many functions.
'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
- #599909In general teaching the place of function in time is important irrespective of who arrange the transport. It is the responsibility of the invitee to reach the venue on time. For that he has to plan and if necessary he can request the host for arranging the transport. But any delay we can,'t attribute to the host. It is unfair on our part if we do that.