You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

One after another terror attack in London and Indian cricket team's safety

Only last week there was a terror attack by a suicide bomber in Manchester during a famous concert. Yesterday there were another three terror attacks in London. The usual debates about terrorism, its relation with religion,, refugees entering Europe, etc. have started. But we are not going to discuss these aspects.

Indian cricket team is presently in England. Today India's first match is against Pakistan. It is reported that some ISI agents would be inside the stadium to create disturbances. Shouldn't we decline playing against this terrorist country because of security and safety reasons? Shouldn't we highlight Pakistan's nefarious activities against India utilizing this opportunity?

What do the Members think about today's match? Should we boycott the match today citing security reason?
    India is one country who was always at the receiving end of terrorism for reasons which do not even remotely relate to this country. So India and Indians always will speak and stand against terrorism and killing of innocents. Even historically and traditionally India is a peace loving country and people. This is the land where the non-violence and 'Ahimsa' originated. So we all Indians stand behind every peace loving people all over the world to condemn violence and terrorism.

However It is once more a reminder to the other nations who till now were not taking India's forewarning with due seriousness and were almost ignoring how India suffered by the sponsored terrorism by certain countries. Now the same countries are also subject to such heinous acts. Let us hope that these countries learn at least now and stand solidly against terrorism and eliminate terrorism irrespective of who perpetrate or who suffer.

When series of terror attacks takes place in London and that is happening when our Indian team is there in that country to play against Pakistan on 4th June. On the one hand every cricket fan loves to watch the match between Pakistan and India which would be not less than a war itself, on the other hand there are terrorist modules which warn our Indian players that danger is lurking against them. Now citing these terror attacks India can back out of the tournament and that would another slap on the face of the Pakistan as they failed to provide a feeling of confidence even before playing the match.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes. There are many problems with Pakistan. Always they are trying to spoil our country. They are indirectly sending terrorists to our country and creating havoc. So we should definitely pull out of this match, It is a method to show our concern for the terrorist activities by this country all over the world.
    Just now I heard that match is suspended because of rain. Probably rain God wanted to stop the match to show his concern for our country.

drrao
    always confident

Till now there is no disturbance in the stadium. My cousin living in London has informed that securityhas been increased manifold. But the match is being disrupted again and again by rain. India is in a good position in the match.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

'Should we boycott the match today citing security reason?"- In my previous response I did not touch this point.

The security of guest players is the responsibility of host country. Our team, officials and embassy officials would have discussed the matter thoroughly with that country' officials.We will have our own evaluation also. If from these our team and officials feels ensured of the safety, they can continue with the already agreed and scheduled events.
    However whether to play with Pakistan is an altogether different issue, and to be discussed separately. This is not the context for that.

The discussion has now become meaningless. The match is being played despite strong opposition. India is going to destroy Pakistan in the cricket ground of Edgbaston. Already 6 Paki wickets are down. Another half an hour is required to finish off the Paki tail.

I went to attend a telephone call when Pakistan lost 7 wickets. When I returned, I saw Indian players were celebrating. Within 7-10 minutes, last three wickets fell. Very unfair, Umesh Yadav!

Sportsmanship Partha! The people you see in the stadium are all sportsperson. They've got nothing to do with the terrorism. And most important issue here is- even Pakistani lives will be lost if some accident were to take place.
    I don't think terrorists would be that courageous or that dumb.
    Well, the match did happen though, with rains being the only interruption. And the result was too predictable.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Mr. Mohan: You are too young to understand how terrorists function. "The people you see in the stadium are all sportsperson"-Is it so?

I was referring to the players, sorry! But I don't think any terrorist would be bold enough to crack the tight security of the cricket stadium. Well maybe I'm too young to understand terrorism but I do understand how humans work.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Mr.A. Mohan: What happened during the last week Manchestar concert? The event is too recent to be forgotten! I do understand how humans work"-time of such idealistic talk has long been over.

Sign In to post your comments