You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What could be the difference between 2004 and 2019 General elections?

At the time 2004 General election BJP was in power lead by of the most revered leader Atul Bihari Vajpayee. After completing its full term of rule BJP went for General election with the slogans Feel good and India is shining. BJP under the leadership of the most popular PM, Atulji went for elections and got defeated astonishingly. Now at present under the leadership of the most populous figure of the present generation Mr. Modi is going to face elections in 2019. Most of the people, political parties and media in their mind thinking that Mr. Modi is having great chance for winning another term to rule the country. Folks, do you agree with this thought or not? In case you think it is Yes, then what is the difference between this two stalwarts who lead BJP governments at different times. What makes these two governments different if the fate is different in the elections?
    I have not fully understood. 2019 general election! Has it been held? If not, then how can we compare two elections, one of which has been held and another one, which will be held after two years. Two years is a lot of time which can see many twists an turns in the political arena.

However, it can be stated that after Bihar Assembly election, many so-called political observers started thinking that if opposition leaders get united, they can halt the progress of Modi-led BJP. But after Uttar Pradesh Assembly election, it is well understood that coalition without principle will be very counter-productive.Even in Bihar, there is possibility of split between Laloo and Nitish.

So, let's wait and watch.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

There is lots of difference between 2004 and 2019 situation in many ways. Previously it was Congress the strong party and every other party were behind it. Now the Congress has become most weakest party in the country, much smaller than even regional parties. In this regard I wish to bring the situation which happened yesterday. 14 parties joined together including Congress in Vijayawada by organizing meeting to demand for special status , special package to AP. It is the same Congress which initiated the bifurcation of two states without a definite road map for the future. Moreover all these three years Congress party went into isolation and now they are raking up old issue of no importance. So what I mean to so say Congress is going on making mistake after mistake in a desperate attempt to grab power in 2019 and that will be ably thwarted my Modi brigade.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Definitely Mr. Atal was a very good Prime Minister and done very well. But at that time the strength of BJP is not equal to that of now. So Mr. Atal has to go very cautiously with a eye on his friendlily parties. But now BJP is very strong. It has its own strength. That is why Mr. Modi is able to take some bold decisions.

As mentioned by Mr. Mohan, at that time congress was very strong. They are able to again come back. But now in India there is no strong national party except BJP. Congress has lost its way and there is no chance to come back.

The improved support to Mr. Modi's working style and improper ways of congress will make the difference this time. BJP will be back in to power in 2019. This is what I feel basing on today's situation.

As mentioned by Mr. Partha, two years is quite a long period and any thing may happen. But I am sure 99% that BJP is going to win 2019 elections.

drrao
    always confident

By the way I want to give compliment to BJP National President Amit Shah for taking the party to new high. He is involved in meticulous planning and garnering the support of booth workers which is very important. Leadership of any party has the advantage but preparing the grass root level workers to take the formidable challenge is the great strategy and he is keeping BJP winning state after state. Never in the History BJP could win a seat in NE states.. Now the party has strong hold there too. So all these factors make BJP fit to be the winner and the Congress getting embroiled in corruption charges on big leaders which would be minus point.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Another issue which I forgot to mention in my previous response. 2019 election will be more hi-tech. Both the Election Commission and the political parties will depend much more on technology in 2019 Lok Sabha election.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Sign In to post your comments