You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

For the rejection of an article

I had submitted an article on 11 April 2017 about morphology of plants. But my article rejected due to copyright issue. The reason mentioned was : Exact content appears at other sites, hence this article cannot be accepted.
    Today I check my article at plagiarisma.net/ for duplicate and found that 88% unique sentences. Then how can same content appears on other site. Is there any other site where we can check duplicate content? Is ISC has its own system to check duplicate content? If yes then can we use it to check duplicate content before submitting an article?
    My article is 88% unique according to plagiarisma.net but rejected. What should I do? Is there any possibility to publish this article?
    Check with http://copyscape.com, It will give the website links in which same content of your article was there. And always check with multiple websites like www.plagspotter.com, copyscape.com etc. to ensure your article has no copied content before posting your article. I think ISC has a duplicate content checking tool, but I think members can't use it, Only editors can use it. ISC doesn't allow or encourage copied content, you have write article in your own words. Even if you choose the topic already posted in other websites, try to change the sentence and write in your own words. All the best for your next article.
    Regards,
    Vamar

I felt sorry for that.

First, ISC doesn't allow copied contents to reproduce in here. Note that, even a copied snippet in your article will get your article rejected.

Be the Hero of the zero hour!

Hakimuddin,

We cannot reveal the tools used for checking copied content. I would simply suggest that whatever your source of information for the article, whether an online site or printed matter (a text book, a magazine, etc), you should present the matter in your own way as indicated by Naveen.

When people come at you with their worst, you should come at them with your best (advice given to Selena Gomez by her mother, quoted in Time magazine.)

Same thing happened to my article. Then I have completely changed the sentences and resubmitted. Then it got published in ISC. Even after re submission if they find any duplication or any other problem the article will be rejected completely.
    drrao
    always confident

I do understand the agony of the author on being known for having rejected the article which is really bad, as we take lots of pain and time consuming to create an article. But editors of ISC are given with tools to verify the veracity of the articles as regards to copy pasting activity. There is nothing wrong to seek information from other sites, but when it comes to writing the content we cannot use the same words and sentences as done in the source site. Hence your article might have been rejected for the copied content. This is the lesson and in future try to be different in presenting articles and make necessary changes before uploading.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments