You must Sign In to post a response.
We are working on this contest. We'll be right back with more innovative ideas and support resources. Stay tuned!
  • Category: Announcements

[Temporarily taken down] ISC YouTube Video Contest - Submit educational videos and earn money

Hello Everybody,

Once again we are back with another exciting contest in ISC, ISC YouTube Video Contest. Submit your self-taken videos (meaning the video should be your own, shot by you) along with a keyword-rich search engine optimized description and win prizes along with cash credits. The video content should be related to education/college/school/course topics. For example, you can take a video of your college campus with its infrastructure & facilities, include a couple of Q&A sessions with students to get feedback about the college, etc.

How to participate:
    To participate in this contest, shoot a short video which complies to the below mentioned rules & regulations and upload it using the link mentioned below. After uploading, leave a response in this announcement thread along with a Description, which will be used as Video Description in YouTube.

Rules & Regulations:

1. Videos should be self created and copyright free, complying with YouTube Standard License.

2. Videos should not carry any background music, instead the you may give a narration about the subject.

3. Videos should be more than 2:00 minutes in length to qualify the contest.

4. The size of the video should not exceed 100 MB. Supported formats: .mp4, .mpeg, .3gp, .flv, .avi, .wmv, .mov, .wav, and .webm.

5. Video should be unique and informative.
    6. Videos created on education/college/school/course topics only will be accepted as valid entries.

7. Adult subject oriented videos will be disqualified.

8. Videos will be uploaded by the admin of ISC in ISC's official YouTube Channel and will not carry any credits to the creator, except the mention of their name in the description. That means your name will be mentioned in the description along with your ISC profile URL. That also means that you cannot add any kind of overlay texts related to video credit/courtesy.

9. Submitted video should be freshly created for the contest. Submission of already published videos will result in disqualification.

10. Multiple entries are allowed. This contest is open for all ISC members including Editors.

11. After uploading your videos, leave a response to this announcement along with a keyword rich search engine optimized description which will be used in YouTube.

Rewards/Prizes:

1. Cash credits will be awarded to valid entries.

2. Number of winners/runner-ups/consolation prizes & the 'prize' amount will be announced shortly, as discussion with ISC admin is still going on.

Where to upload:
    Upload your videos here: ISC Video Uploader

Last date of Submission: Will be updated soon.

If you have any query related to this contest, you may leave a response below.

So, let the game begin! All the best!!
    Respected Sir , First we upload video on youtube after copy the url and paste in ISC link or Make a Video and save in computer and browse in ISC link

Hi Seema Mittal, first we have to make video then we have upload it in the ISC video uploader link given. Then your video will be uploaded to the YouTube channel by the admin. You need not to upload video to the YouTube personally.
    Regards,
    Vamar

Like Seema, I too got doubt as the editor has mentioned in point no 10, after uploading video, we should leave a response here but it said, ISC will upload the video. More clarification is needed.

Another doubt, adult subject oriented means what, and what kind of educational video's audience?

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Saroja, We will have to upload the video to ISC through given link and inturn ISC will upload it to Youtube channel. We have to leave comment here after uploading to ISC and not to Youtube.

One example of audult subject oriented educational may be sex education.

- Manjunath Bhat

Why not Sultan has come out with clarification?
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

I am also in same position. The rule for the contest is not clear to me. So, can any member from admin panel clarify it?

The instruction is very clear. Read the sentence - Where to upload: ISC Video upload.

First shoot your video film.Copy it into your gadget and give a file name, Come back to this thread, click the link ISC Video uploader. Give your Name and user ID. click the FILE, browse your video file and click it. Then press submit button. That's all.

Post a message in this thread that you have uploaded your file(name).Rest will be done by ISC.

No life without Sun ¤

Here's my detailed response:
    1. Create the video.
    2. Go to the above mentioned uploader page. Follow the instructions there and upload.
    3. Come back to this announcement thread and leave a response mentioning your entry. In the same response, write a keyword rich search engine optimized description.

That's all. After that we'll be checking your entries and confirm receipt here.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

If success is 1, then its definite that you're starting from Zero!

Clarification on Rule No 6: Videos should be suitable for all age viewers. Topics which are not suitable for below 18, are not accepted. I doubt there are any scopes in this contest subject, that will violate this rule. But still, to eliminate all the possibilities this rule no 6 has been added.
    Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

I am a teacher. Can I upload a video to teach student any topic by using board and marker pen?
    Honesty is the best policy.

It is really a wonderful contest . I am using video editing software to make YouTube videos like Filmore , VideoScribe etc. Can I upload educational videos which are created using software?
    Can I use my Youtube channel name in these videos?

Phagu
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Hi Hakimuddin And Phagu,
    As of now, we are mainly looking for educational institution related videos.
    Videos recorded by any camera is allowed as of now and, as the Rule no 7 states, you cannot use your channel name in videos.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

Does EDUCATIONAL videos includes certain tutorials related to How-Tos, Hacking etc...?

Please clarify...

Be the Hero of the zero hour!

Sir, please tell me more about the last 10 rule what should we do for uploading the video and what type of rich text format we should reply at this thread.
    Please give me some information about that and give me the answer to this question.

Reguards -
    Sukanya

Can we only post the videos which are education related.
    Reguards -
    Sukanya

John, as mentioned, we are focusing on videos created on educational institutions.

Sukanya, description text should have keywords for the topic, i.e. institution name, area name, state name, department names, etc. topic/subject related keywords.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

i had done a vedio with my colleagues but it contains some part of local language along with
    english .can i upload it in ISC??
    Please clarify my doubt.

Mr Venkata Srinivas,
    Yes you can submit the video.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

Can I upload the video which I was created for this contest or only I will upload the videos of institutions only.
    Reguards -
    Sukanya

Today was the last date of submission of videos. However, no video has been submitted/uploaded so far. There is no doubt that the deadline will be extended. I request other Members to submit educational video(s). A Member can submit more than one video.

Members can avail this opportunity to get popular by uploading educational videos and win attractive prizes. Please don't miss the opportunity. Personally I can't participate in this contest because of various reasons.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

What is the last date of submitting the video to the India study channel?
    Reguards -
    Sukanya

Sukanya,
    Sorry but I'm unable to clearly understand your query (#602067).
    The videos you are submitting should not be published anywhere previously, and should be about educational institutions.
    Regarding last date, we have extended it and will be announced soon. Due to no entries till now, we are on an internal discussion. Soon awards will be announced and the last date of submission too.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Reguards -
    Sukanya

This is not an easy contest to participate. One has to have all the talents. It is like producing a short film. We need a subject, good script, a good camera , ability to direct, act, shoot and what not and all. Above all, it requires time and patience. Hence the contest is weak without any entry. All ISCians need to turn short film makers.

I would like the contest announcer Mr. Sultan Mustafijul Hoque to lead and participate in this contest, and submit a sample educational video film, for others to follow.

No life without Sun ¤

I am sorry to say that unlike other contests of ISC, this particular contest is unfortunately unsuccessful. It is unfortunate but could be anticipated. Making an educational cideo is not very easy.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

What is the last date for submitting self made video on ISC Channel for ISC Youtube Contest. Is this contest still live or the winner will be announced shortly.
    Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the way

Has the contest announcer read this response to post his counter response? Is it possible for the contest author to shoot an educational video film and show to the ISCian or not? If No, such a contest should not have been announced.

"Say what you can do, and expect others to do the same. Please don't say what you cannot do and expect others to do it".

No life without Sun ¤

Hi Kapadia J,

The last date of submission of videos on ISC Youtube channel will be updated shortly. This contest is still running and you can submit self made videos on educational institutions. Do you have any further queries, don't hesitate to ask here.

Can we get points if we submit video?

Yes you will get points and cash credit for each video you post provided it meets the rules and regulations of ISC which is mentioned in the contest thread itself.

Everyone please note that we will be giving bumper cash prizes, with the top prize of Rs.500/- or even more. We are waiting for the Webmaster's intimation on the amounts for the various prizes. You can simply take a video of an institute's campus facilities or create some education-related content, such as, say, of a hardware engineering course, the actual lab/workshop equipment generally used to give hands-on training, etc.

There was a suggestion to upload a video as a sample and one of the team may work on it, but due to time constraints this may take time.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Sun,
    I'm only accountable to the ISC authorities for whatever I do here. I request you to refrain yourself from turning even an official contest announcement thread to controversy. Again I'm repeating, I'm not accountable to you for what I do/don't do here. Hope you well understand this.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Lead Editor - Articles,
    Managing Award Crediting

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.