You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Why and how blank responses are allotted points?

This is with reference to the thread titled 'An honest query about the forum guidelines" response number # 600221 posted by the author of the thread. The response is blank with the footer only. The response has been allotted 1 point. Why 1 point to this blank response? Is there any reason for the allocation, dear ISC?
    I think that the point was allocated for an intelligent Forum footer. After all, good Forum footers also require encouragement.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

I wondered where my comment disappeared. Nothing derogatory was mentioned. All my comment said was when the responder has nothing else to add, he makes personal jibes. I wonder what was acrimonious about that comment.

Which brings me to another point why is the comment # 600216 allowed. Since when have personal jibes been allowed in the name of discussion. Can we not have a decent discussion, putting our points forth, without resorting to character assassination of those whose views we do not agree with.

Argue on the points raised - don't dilute the matter and gain people's sympathies.

As a woman I know, men find it difficult to digest that I put my points across and stand by what I say. That doesn't make me rude. It shows that I have a mind and I can think and I can articulate my views. It doesn't make you any superior if you indulge in this kind of mudslinging.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

Just now I too thought by seeing an empty response but points are there. Really there are so many things happening in ISC if we come after some absence.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Yes, Partha, it is a beautiful verse from the Bible.

Do I notice a certain disdain in your comment – yes I do. Not a very politically correct remark to make.

Good take #600260 & 600262
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Thank you, Saroja.

Religious bigotry has been raising its ugly head in the forum. I think many have noticed it, some sane members have openly objected to comments that are posted here. Threads have also been taken off from the forum - which is a good thing.

#600258 was not an innocent post. The snide sarcasm was not missed. This needs to stop.

When we are all responding and discussing why the editor who done the mistake is not responding. That means some wrong has happened and that has to be set right.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun ¤

Dear ISC,
    More than 26 hours passed. Yet the ISC editors have not sighted this thread and responded. Dear ISC, Please wake up to see the ISCians who are spending their good time and wasting their energy at ISC whole heartedly.

No life without Sun ¤

Answer to thread topic - It is just a technical bug. We had reported it to Tony Sir as soon as this thread was seen & were waiting for his clarification. The editors are busy with other things & hence may not necessarily indicate that the issue was reported.

Answer to other aspects - editors do not need to explain the reason for each & every edit.

Additional note: it is best to avoid personal jibes. If one member does so, there will be instant tit for tat & there won't be an end to it. It achieves nothing other than taking the thread off track & hurting people.

End of discussion.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.