You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why the young is treated like an old?

Members,
    Are you wondering with the title? This is to say that the young threads are treated like old threads. The standard life of any ISC Forum thread is 10 days. After 10 good days, a thread is said to be old and cannot be pulled. While it is so, why the editors are in a haste to lock the threads which are just a day or two old? What is the harm if the thread is left open for responses to come in? Does it harm the ISC Admin ? Does it harm the ISC revenue flow?

Members, Is it right to lock a genuine thread early? In which way it affects the ISC?
    From one of the responses to my thread, what Editors opine that even if one response comes to a raised thread, that is enough for them to close or lock the thread. But your thread on Beef was kept open for many days and good number of reactions did register there. So it is clear that editors are no one to play politics here. If the thread is important and getting good responses, they keep it open even after many days. But when the thread is stale and not getting any reactions, the editor may close in a huff. What I feel that genuine threads must be continued till sufficient responses are registered.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Genuine threads canbe kept open for more days is the suggestion by Mr. Mohan. But What I understand from Mr.Sun's post is some threads are closed in a hurry even before 10 days are completed. The reasons for closing may vary from thread to thread and they are better known to Editors I think. Even the Editors may not like to close, the rules may not be allowing them.
    drrao
    always confident

Ia also got surprised today morning Seeing that 2 days old threads are locked. I don't know why those threads are locked. Does any one know the reason why those threads are locked?
    Regards,
    Vamar

Mr.Sun,
    On looking at the title, I expected a master piece from your creation but disappointed to hear the same old tunes from your drum. To be fair enough, I haven't locked any thread during this period except the one by Ms.Juana at her request. But once again, I spent some time to verify all the locked threads to find out as to whether the editors were in a hurry to lock and found the action to be quite apt and necessary.

I am quite sure you pretty well know the reasons for locking the threads, yet you chose to discuss in Forum once again.

Regards,
    Jagdish

Like Jagdish, I am also attracted by the title. My hand itches to scribble something in response.

I would like to give some explanation with the help of legends.
    Melpathur Narayana Bhattathiripad is the author of the famous and popular 'Naraayaneeyam'- About Narayana or Lord Vishnu. He lived upto ninety. He prayed standing in front of the sanctum sanctorum of the temple. He was pleading that Dhruva a child attained Moksha at the age of five, Prahlada could see God(Vishnu) when he was a teenager. Like that he was quoting about all those attained Moksha in young age. He wondered why the Lord is testing him and not liberating him even after he has lived so long. It is legend and history that immediately on prostrating after praying sincerely, his life departed to Vishnuloka.

My intention is to say that one attains its 'Moksha' after his mission in this world is accomplished, whether young or old. Why not extend this logic to 'threads' also?

Wow what a wonderful title by the author. So nicely he compare the isc forum happenings. Also, Venkiteswaran compare is to good. He take Indian mythological in to this scenario so beautifully. Every thing must get the moksha when the time for the moksha is coming. Time for the moksha of the isc threads is come so editor lock it or kill it. Do not question to the supreme power on why they did something. This is not to be done. Just tow to the lines only. Your thread will not be getting the locked or the deletion.
    I came also like other member to see the post . So nice your title is, but content same tune like editor has said. Change the tune. We want to see so many variety here not same tune even if tune is so nice.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

# 600582. I am surprised. Is it the response from Juana? I wonder the language used. Or is it someone else on behalf of Juana? Is it another Juana?
    No life without Sun ¤

# 600597. Why ? What makes you be surprised? It is Juana only.

Even I think that the response 600582 is not by the Juana we all know.
    When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

The poorly written message and the language used makes not only me but also Mr Gypsy to think that it is not from the real Juana of ISC.

Kindly read your response yourself and understand the mistakes.

No life without Sun ¤

I have really enjoyed the comment of Ms. Juana (#600582). I don't want to make any further comment.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

@ all response posts after 600582; the post 600582 would have been a good material for the 'guess the author contest'. I am afraid none would have got the author right.

Venkiteswaran,

Do not you find anything different in her response 600582?

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

@600685:"Do not you find anything different in her response 600582?"
    Yeah. That is what I can say as 'understood and underplayed'

What I really feel is - Juana must be training the junior Juana without proper editing of her posts and responses.
    No life without Sun ¤

Why the concerned member is silent without any explanation despite the doubt raised about the high profile member's poor English.
    No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

Why are you diverting your own thread from the topic?

If the member concerned does not want to respond, then let it be!

The discussion is quite interesting to know why the good becomes bad like the young becomes old. The member has countered my doubt. An explanation about the good to bad will ensure the right responder.
    No life without Sun ¤

The discussion on the main content of the thread appears to be not yielding any result. Sun, shall I lock this thread?
    Regards,
    Jagdish

It is nice to find myself as the focal point of the discussion. But, seriously Sun, you derailed your own, very serious thread.

All I can say is that something's in life are best left as mysteries.

I agree that Mr Sun did derail from his topic, but Juana, why couldn't you reply his query? For a change, if we prefer to allow deviations, can you respond to Sun as to why your English went wrong all of a sudden? Can we ( should we; for whatever reasons) encourage mysteries in an educational site? I doubt! I suggest you to make your point clear so that newbies are not misguided.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Saji,

Why couldn't I reply – Honestly, I hadn't expected such a reaction, from Sun and the other members. I do not subscribe to all threads, so don't receive updates when responses are posted. I check threads if and when I want to. I posted my response after I saw the comment(s).

Can we encourage mysteries – I am not a chapter, in a textbook, that has to be understood on this educational site. My life is personal. And I expect you to respect my wish to divulge only what I want, about myself.

Let sleeping dog's lie. You have this provoking habit of not letting things be. Why stir up a hornet's nest? The question was asked by Sun, I don't see any reason why you should interfere and want me to respond to him, especially when you have not commented on the issue, and especially when the question deviates from the main thread.

Not surprised at all that you allow this deviation. You shift your ground, ever so easily, only when it suits you. You also prod and instigate members, and when the responses aren't savoury, you seek cover under rules and regulations and decorum, completely forgetting that it was you who broke the rules, as in this case.

As for newbies, they'll be looking at accounts that flash the 'Editor' tag. To gauge and judge a site newbies would be checking your profile and your posts and those of your mates. My posts, language, mysteries or whatever, should be least of your concern. If you are really concerned about newbies, then introspect, and bring about change where it is most needed.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.