You must Sign In to post a response.
This thread is a winner of the Special Prize in the TOW contest for the week 11th to 17th June '17.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Beware of danger - have you heard of this danger?

We often see signs that warn us of impending dangers – beware, sharp turn ahead; beware accident prone area, beware of dog, beware high voltage, and more. While such signs are essential I think there are other dangers that lurk around us. We must also learn to beware of people – for I think that humans can be the most dangerous of things that we encounter.

So, here is my tip on the kind of people you must beware of. Please add to the list, if you have other suggestions.

Beware of anyone who is enamoured by their own virtues. Such people have only good things to say about themselves.

None of us is perfect, we all have our flaws. When anyone boasts of the goodness of their personal qualities, it is generally a ploy to shift the focus from the real them to the artificial façade they wear. If an individual is virtuous, you'll be able to tell, you don't have to hear about it, from them. Don't get carried away by such self-proclamations – a person's qualities should be seen and experienced.

Do you agree?
    Nice alert from the author, While we are habituated with road signs and take actions accordingly, we often fail with people and get carried away with their sweet talk and then repent for having made contact with them. Those gullible people would target those homes where the female are staying alone till evening until the children and husband returns home. Never open the door even some sales girls comes for selling something. In fact they give the information to the wrong doers to target the particular house. So it is better we restrain ourselves and behave in intelligent manner and wont succumb to any words or pressure. Even the kabadi wala who comes inside the house and take the old papers are not to be believed . Its better the households get engaged with other works with closed door.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Yes there are people who can be dangerous and I agree with what the author has stated about one such category of people. There are other type of people I have come across were they completely change the statement they had already made and try to prove that others are wrong only they are right. We should beware of people who are expert in blaming others and never accept their mistake and thus creating rift between relationships.

What a thread, seriously, WHAT a thread!

I have to completely agree with the author. Humans are the deadliest of weapons and strongest of armour.

By the way, I don't exactly know how peoples in big cities are. By my PAPA once told me that cities are full of greedy people. Whenever I ask PAPA let's go, he gets agitated. He said city is bad full of greedy people.

However, in my opinion human beings are so nice. You don't have to fear or beware of anyone unless you had done something wrong. If so, you might have to face the consequences tommorow and held accountable for your past actions.

Be the Hero of the zero hour!

We must be careful in our life from the people who talk cleverly to us but their actual motives are deeply camouflaged by their expressions.

All are not like that but the problem is how to identify the black sheep. It requires real brains and lot of experience to identify such people and take remedial measures.

Knowledge is power.

It is very true that we should assess the people by our own observations. As mentioned by Ms.Juana, we should not get carried away by their own words.
    We understand the qualities of animals and we take care of them. We all know that Dog bites us and it is very dangerous. So we take care when we are entering into a house where there is a board about that. But human being's qualities vary from one to another .We should be careful in dealing new people.
    Generally by seeing the people and their body language we can assess people. So if we get any small doubt also about a new person, it is better stop further interaction with them.
    I have seen some people we behave as if they are very good friend of you and talk very sweetly with you. The same person goes to another person and tell him the reverse what he talked to you. There are people who try to create differences between people by passing on information from here to there and from there to here.
    Human beings are the dangerous animals on the planet. All other animals will have a common quality. We can take care of them by knowing their bad quality. But only human beings will have different skills to hurt others. Be careful with them always.

drrao
    always confident

My grandfather taught me a Sanskrit verse found in Neeti Saaram, a collection of 'subhasshitas' or well meaning verses. I still remember it for its relevance. It is as below:

" Vrischikasya visham puchcham, makshikaaya visham shiram;
    Thakshakasya visham dantam, sarvaangam durjanasyacha "

If loosely translated it means;
    Scorpion has its venom in its tail, for the flea it is in its head;
    For Takshaka (snake) venom is in the teeth, for a bad human is all over body.

There are many such comparisons about human beings with animals and birds and showing that animals and birds and other creatures are far virtuous than human beings.

But let me be frank. I am not that desperate or cynical. I am still positive. Though I keep all these in the background for recall when needed, I have not yet lost hope and still feel that the world has majority off good, kind, innocent, naive and honest people.

I would suggest prudence and caution, but advice to avoid being too scared and paranoid.

The most dangerous human being is the person who would say " please don't say that I have told you this."

Such people can never be trusted. They are the most deadly people.

No life without Sun

"Lead two sheep to the butcher's, two oxen to the slaughter house, and make one of them understand that his companion will not die. The sheep will bleat of pleasure and the ox will bellow with joy. But man- man whom God created upon his own image-upon whom God had laid his sole commandment, love thy neighbor- man to whom God has given the voice to express his thoughts- what is his first cry when he hears his fellow man is saved? A blasphemy!"

I quote these powerful, awesome yet terrifying lines from The Count of Monte Cristo. These four lines summarize the 8000 years of human "civilization".
    "If you don't want to be betrayed by anyone start doubting the person you doubt the least".
    The more you believe, more betrayed you feel.
    We are the most dangerous creatures to ever inhibit this planet. And lacking a natural predator we resort to cannibalism.

My tips to escape the clutches of this terrible species is: 1. Maintain a constant non-belief and always keep alive the skeptic in you so that you won't do reckless things.
    2. Beware of the silent ones.
    3. Learn to understand the opposite person's mind.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• Sign In to post your comments