You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Green line opens the citizens.

It was an excitement to all the citizens of Bangalore. Namma metro connecting nagasandra in the north with yelachenahalli in the south. Decade long wait for better north-south connectivity in Bangalore ends. The first commerical run from yelachenahalli metro station, the last station in the southern section on the north -south green line, had fewer passengers on board when it pulled out of station. As it gathered commutersen route, the train was almost packed by by the time it reached kempegowda interchange, about 25 min later.
    Congratulations to all citizens of Bangalore. The first metro train for passengers from Yelachenahalli metro station to Nagasandra has started running . I feel with this there may be some traffic problems of Bandalore will get reduced to some extent. Nowadays i feel like not going to Bangalore after seeing the traffic there. Last week my brother came from Bangalore by car. He told me it has taken almost 2 hours to come out of city and total journey time from Bangalore to Hyderabad is about 9 hours. Within Bangalore city the traffic is terrible and going by a 4 wheeler is very time consuming. Now this metro trains started all over the city , they condition may improve.
    drrao
    always confident

Congrats to Bengaluru Metro and citizen of this great city for getting the fly by sky experience at lesser time. When the city was struggling with traffic snarls all over, this metro would prove boon for those commuters who have the necessity to traverse from South to North Bengaluru. Moreover the management has decided to give chance for trans genders to be employed in the Metro and have decent living. Nevertheless the Metros which are being build in major cities are huge success as they have the capacity to transfer many passengers in one go and the running time is very less.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

On 17 th June Kochi Metro was also inaugurated. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Sri.Narendra Modi. Kochi Metro brings great pride and cheer to Kochi residents especially and Keralites in general. Kochi Metro has many things unique and first for its pride.
    It is the first Metro to commissioned for such a distance within such a short time. It has employed transgenders . Before starting its commercial run one day was specially earmarked for free travel to the employees who made it a reality, to the underprivileged children, residents of old age home, orphanages and specially abled children. In its technical details also Kochi Metro has uniqueness. The stations feature local highlights, will be an integrated multimodal transport mechanism when fully implemented in all phases, It is the first Metro in India to use the communication based train control (CBTC) , which is suitable for driver less operations.And much more. (As it was in the prime and detailed news that day and next, I did not think of raising a thread on that)

When I was communicating to my relative in Bengaluru about Kochi Metro, my relative told me that she got an invitation for the Green line inauguration. I told her to attend it definitely.

Last time when I visited Bengaluru, I felt the connection between Majestic and Sampige Road was an urgent and essential necessity.I took Metro from Yashwantpur to Sampige Rd and then took longer time by road to reach Majestic from Sampige Road which was just less than a kilometre when connected by Metro. Similarly I had to take a taxi from Majestic to Banashankari to visit a friend. Definitely Metro will be a great blessing and relief.

Thank you for your valuable responses.

• Sign In to post your comments