You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Television

Discovery channel good for kids.

Discovery channel is there since we were kids.  It was very informative when we there also. Lot of general knowledge we  would gain out of it and even English speaking would improve in it. Now in this generation this channel is very important to kids because of the recent gadgets most of the children are edicted to cartoon which has no meaning. They start thinking all that imaginary world as real. They don't find the difference what is real and what is reel. But this channel shows all discovery and how it should be done and what preparation should be done for any kind of work. This channel I always suggest my kids to watch. I also like this channel very much. They come up with variety of programs which even kids can watch. There is no negative effect in watch this channel.
    I think discovery channel is the only channel which is trying to bring very educative programs on TV. Very interesting programs and they take utmost care in shooting the program and the way they present it is viewer's paradise. It is a channel to watch by all ages. Kids should watch this channel for getting more knowledge.

In my house we all watch many times this channel. We like the way they take care of minute details while shooting,editing and presenting. As you said absolutely there are no negative effects on watching this channel.
    All parents should advise their kids to watch this channel instead of Cartoon channels.

drrao
    always confident

Yeah ofcourse, Discovery channel is one of the esteemed channel of the Television in which we have different types of programs where we can get a lots of knowledge in many aspects.
    It interlinks with many of subjects like social, science, psychology, communication, biology, zoology, general knowledge and many other subjects.
    This channel is suitable for everyone i.e different types of profile people.
    It is very suitable for teenagers, children and matured people. It gives you a great knowledge about wildlife. It also gives idea about historical events and mystery.
    It also provide a program of quiz and tricks etc.
    And it also helps to know about manufacturing of different things.
    It also helps to know and try to have a different recipes to cook.

In my view Discovery is a ocean of knowledge. The word Discovery itself describes about it.

No doubt about it. Discovery channel is the most informative, narrative, educative and above with no bad stuff that can disturb the minds of children. Even for the adults this channel gives lots of information. Some times I feel that without advertisement and promotion how this channel has been progressing and sustaining. The visuals are the treat to eyes the information galore shared therein is the great boon for students who can know more than books. The way the locations are chosen, the encounter with nature, animals are simply awesome and we are really indebted to the producers for their great work.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Parents should encourage the children from childhood to see such channels. Everything comes by practice. As I keep my brother's daughter with me while watching television films especially sivaji ganesan's films and now she become a great fan of Shivaji Ganesan, though Sivaji Ganesan is not alive .

Hi gsadhiks,
    I totally agree with you, discovery channel is the best platform from where kids can get information about science, earth, space etc.
    Thanks!!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.