You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Beauty of a Woman- Expressed by an author

Today I read few words about woman written by "Audrey Hepburn" would like to share in this forum
    " The beauty of the woman is not in the clothes she wears,
    the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
    The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart,
    the place where love resides.
    True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.
    It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.
    The author has so beautifully expressed the beauty of woman.
    "True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul."-How can it be possible to see the reflection of her soul? How can I seek clarification from Audrey Hepburn?
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Beauty of the heart is different from beauty of the body. The beauty of the heart may reflect in her eyes. Physical beauty comes from her dressing, hair style so on and so forth. But the beauty of the soul reflects in the eyes. May be this is what the author wants to convey.

It is true that once should have a love and respect for others. That brings in lot of happiness to everyone.When you are clean in your heart your face will have a special glow. That is why elders say face is the index of mind. It brings in beauty to you.

drrao
    always confident

Yes, a well quoted thread. Beauty of a women is judged by her behaviour, character and her words. Women are also the most strongest armor of men.
    Be the Hero of the zero hour!

I think the beauty of anything is as perceived by those who observe and see. There can be a few common points. Otherwise it will be too varied. Each one will have own individual beauty concept.The beauty concept is in the viewer's mind. That is why it is said'beauty is in the beholder's eye'.

It may not be permanent and can undergo change also.

The lines given in the thread is the poet's view on beauty of a woman. Another person may describe it in a different way.

We can appreciate the language and phrasing of words by the author but it once again reflects our age old gender bias and treatment of woman. When we talk of beauty, from a poet to an useless idle man would think about a woman only. But everyone is beautiful as long as they are good at heart and try to help others and those who understand the things politely.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

Audrey Hepburn was a beautiful woman. Who can forget the beautiful actress and her wonderful performances? I loved her in the classic My Fair Lady and Roman Holiday.

The quote dedicated to her is suitable for every human - male or female, young or old, and not just women. She spoke of an inner beauty, not the physical aspect of it. But, then again, such depiction of anyone is flawed, because you seek perfection and define it in your own terms. The person might not stand up to your expectations but still be beautiful in their own way - in the strength they have.

I think Audrey Hepburn was very beautiful and very talented as an actress. But, when someone who is all dolled up, with the perfect clothes and matching accessories, not a strand of hair out of place comes out with such quotes they are made to just capture the hearts of people. Don't get me wrong, but you must know where these quotes come from - it is what people want to hear. And especially about women - we all want women to be a reflection of goodness.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

After reading this post my thoughts ran to the old classic song of Kannadasan to a film where the lyrics goes like this " Ambu vizhi endru yen sonnan adhu paivadhinal no " that means the eyes of the women is always compared to the sharp arch which wont miss the target. Often a women gets her appreciation and pride with her eyes and the men are bowled over the see saw attitude of her eyes. So many Hindi songs also appreciated the women by her eyes and the same has been reflected by Audrey Hepburn" . And by the way Indian women are more beautiful with their expressions and have the niche for themselves conveying their feelings through eyes.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I think a woman becomes truly beautiful when she cares. I find passion immensely attractive. Passion is contagious and a passionate person installs passion in his surroundings too.I think that's what makes any person beautiful.
    The burning passion in their heart and their struggles.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

So much good responses.
    I always think that without " WOMAN is the JEWEL of GOD'S CREATION"

• Sign In to post your comments