You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Can I submit reviews of old classical fims?

In ISC, I have read some film reviews done by various Members. Some of the reviews are good, as for example, the review of Ms. Vandana on the film "Pink" (why you should watch Bollywood film Pink), although I don't agree with many of the points mentioned by her. Some other reviews appeared in ISC are not called 'review' in real term. Those film reviews are only brief description of stories and stating the fact that the authors liked the films. There have been no discussions on direction, acting, editing, placement of camera, utilisation of natural and artifical lights, dress, set, etc. Sorry for being blunt.

Nowadays, I have almost stopped watching films. However, once upon a time, I used to watch films as a common man for entertainment and also as an informal critique. I have been very fortunate to watch some brilliant films. I am humbly asking whether I can submit my own review of those films (which are old classics and generally not discussed nowadays).

Editors may kindly inform.
    Partha, there is an 'entertainment' category in the article section wherein review of movies can be posted. But, since you have asked particularly about old classics, the point has been put up to the concerned section for considering the different aspects related to the same. I doubt whether a blanket permission as such can be accorded but I suggest you to wait for a response from the section editors.
    "To be proud of knowledge is to be blind with light" - Benjamin Franklin

What I feel that very less number of people would have watched classic films and lesser amount of people actually know about them. If you want to write any article, it must be read by all sections of the people or net users. If you write classic film reviews, only senior citizens may like or read the same. But when you write the review for the latest films , even the youngsters would be interested to know the details. Anyway await the decision from ISC editors. Meanwhile you can always right general topics on old films, how they have become hit, what for they have been considered the best than the latest films and so on.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

(i) "If you write classic film reviews, only senior citizens may like or read the same."-Am I a senior citizen? Does it imply that nowadays youngsters aren't interested in the films of Kurosawa, Bertolucci, Eisenstein, Hitchkock, Speilberg or Ray?

(ii) "But when you write the review for the latest films , even the youngsters would be interested to know the details."-Aren't youngsters enjoy the classics anymore? Are they only interested in 'song & dance' films?

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

"Does it imply that nowadays youngsters aren't interested in the films of Kurosawa, Bertolucci, Eisenstein, Hitchkock, Speilberg or Ray?"

To review the works of such great directors would require adequate knowledge. The basic and most important of this knowledge is getting right, the names of these men.

I think it is Hitchcock and Spielberg, not Hitchkock and Speilberg.

Underestimate me...that'll be fun!

Ms. Juana, Thanks for pointing out the typos..

My response was miss took by the author. The present generation does not know the contributions of great actors or olden era and they cannot appreciate the good works now,
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I like classics. No, I love classics. People of my age, i.e,,; 20 are very interested in classical movies. We are done with the actions and fictions. We are hungry for a good plot and screenplay now. A lot of my classmates have seen and reviewed many movies that can be considered a classic. So I'd be interested to read your reviews. They could even serve me as a recommendation.
    The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

A friendly advice, I am sure you can write great articles on those old movies. However, there are established websites where reviews of such work would already be present. And since they are old movies, the competition for space on search engines would be immense. So, you can write but you might not reach the number of readers you might be expecting too. In fact, directly from search engines, you might not get even 50 readers (an optimistic count that too).

Mr. Ankit: Are you advising me to submit my reviews to those established websites for review of films? Sincere thanks for this advice. I didn't think about this possibility earlier.

• Sign In to post your comments