You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you believe in destiny?

I never have a clear idea, whether to believe in destiny or not.

If destiny is to be believed, then everything that happens to us is predetermined. No matter what we do, we will end up at the place which we are destined for. So we shouldn't even work hard if our success or failure is already predestined. What's ours will eventually end up being ours. But this doesn't normally happen; generally those people succeed who work extremely hard to achieve their goal.
    On the contrary, if we don't believe in destiny and believe that everything that happens to us is a consequence of our actions, there are certain things that can't be explained. Many times it happens that people who work really hard, fail and never achieve much in their life; moreover, their are people who never put in much hard work but ultimately end up being really successful. So if their is no destiny, then why do bad things happen to people who never put a foot wrong in their life? Also, many times we end up at a place, we never thought we'd be; we search for something but find something else.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Yes I believe in destiny. Those who are sincere and hard working and wont give any trouble to others are guided by some strong force which will tell them what to do, where to go and what they will get. Some people change their program at last minute, that means the destiny has prevented them from a possible disaster or accident. I have seen many time in my life that sometimes a unknown person would come and talk to us which delays our going out. And later we learn that if we had gone at the pre decided moment the accident would have happened to us. So we have to believe the destiny.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Everybody has to believe destiny. But simply thinking that what has to happen will happen, we should not keep quiet. You can't live without eating believing in destiny. In fact the definition of Destiny is do your work sincerely and result will follow. What is due to you will come to you.
    So thinking that my future is already decided and I need not do anything is a wrong concept. It is true that our life is pre programmed. Every step of us is pre decided and it will follow the course.

drrao
    always confident

Yes,I believe in destiny.After doing hard work some people don't achieve, the success due to destiny.Sri Ram had to go to forest due to destiny.Pandav won the Mahabharat war due to destiny.As Mr Mohan said,in an accident some people die, some save due to destiny.When earthquakes come, some people are found after two or three days and they are saved due to destiny.King Harishchandra had to sell his wife due to destiny.Destiny is sometimes changed by hard and good work.The almighty filled with pity seeing the hard work.He does some favours.The good work also help in changing destiny.
    Service to mankind is service to God.

I believe in nothing. There are no coincidences.
    Everything has a cause and effect behind.
    Destiny means the end point. Going by that we all share the same destiny ,don't we?
    Everything you do reflects in your future.
    You are the cause of your own pains and rewards.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

• Sign In to post your comments