You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

What is Eid mubarak?

Hi friends,

I see everyone wish like "happy Eid Mubarak ",well.
    But I wanna know about the meaning of that. I hope so that you
    Clarify me.....

Every day is a gift...
    In Urdu Eid means festival and Mubarak means best wishes. So those who are celebrating a festival say Ramzaan they would wish Eid Mubarak or Ramzaan Mubarak. In Hydereabad which is mostly muslim dominated population we can see people exchanging pleasantries and hugging for three times changing the sides and that has become a custom. Even Hindus participate in this festival by preparing Sher kurma which is nothing but semia of thinner variety prepared with ghee, milk and mixed with dry fruits and resins. On this day every one would offer you the sher kurma and tastes good.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Best wishes on the occasion of festival is the meaning of Eid Mubarak. When people met each other on any festival day they wish each other by saying Eid Mubarak. Irrespective of Muslim Festival or Christian Festival Or Hindu Festival we can wish a happy festival by saying Eid Mubarak.
    drrao
    always confident

Hi,
    I very much thank to K.Mohan sir and DR.N.V. Srinivasa Rao sir foe their quick responses.

As from the detailed explanation of K. Mohan sir, I know that correct meaning of "Eid Mubarak" and also we can use another greeting word that is "Eid Saeed" .
    Since we have follow the meaning :
    Eid -festival
    Eid Mubarak -have a blessed festival
    Eid Saeed-Happy Eid(festival).

"Every day is a gift"

Arul I have learned a new greeting way through your submission and thanks for that. Sometimes we learn through interaction and this is the best platform for such purpose.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Sign In to post your comments