You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is study break certificate and why is it asked? is it mandatory?

what is study break certificate and why is it asked by colleges ? is it mandatory?
    I never heard any thing about study break certificate. I know study certificate given by the institution where you have studied. But when there is a break in your study who will giv? No institution may give this. Where is it required and who asked you to submit this. These details are also required. School leaving certificate you will get from your school. Your marks sheets, conduct certificate,provisional certificate and original certificate also you can obtain from your education Institute. If there is any break in between you have to mention in your application and you have self certify. No office will provide you a break certificate as far as I know and I never heard of it.
    You might have posted this in Ask Expert section so that they might have answered your question. But it is all a new aspect. Please be more sure and clear.

drrao
    always confident

Gap Year Certificate or Study Break Certificiate as you refer to it, is submitted to the University or College in case there is a break in studies. A student may take a break after class XII to prepare for an entrance exam or take admission in a course they are not interested in. After studying for a year in an institute, if they choose to apply to another institute, they can submit the Migration Certificate from the institute where they were enrolled. In other cases where a year or more have elapsed, since the student qualified +2, they have to submit a Gap Year Certificate.

Most institutes have a standard format that applicant's need to fill and attest or else they might have to submit a declaration on a Rs.100 Stamp Paper, which will also have to be notarized, giving the reason for the applicant's gap year.

It is basically a declaration stating when you qualified HSC, and that you did not take admission in any institute during the intervening period. And that the information provided by you is true.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Please go to this query in the Ask Expert section for answers.
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.