You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

Let us have some GST fun until 01 Jul 2017

Members,
    The GST is likely to be introduced on 01 July 2017. Why not we enjoy some fun by predicting the outcome of GST! What you need to do is to predict the prize of the items mentioned in comparison with their present price (Approx). Just fill in the blank with your predicted price). This will help us to know how much we understood about GST.

S.No. Item - Present cost MRP - ( Would be Cost after introduction of GST).
    1. Pizza - Rs. 150 ( .....................................................)
    2. Mutton Biriyani - Rs. 150 (....................................................)
    3. T Shirt - Rs. 300 (...........................................)
    4. A Prestige cooker - Rs. 2100 ( ......................................)
    5. A sewing machine - Rs.3500 (.....................................)
    6. A Refrigerator - Rs.14000 (......................................)
    7. A Hatchback Maruthi car -Rs. 4.5 lacs (......................................)
    8. Basmathi Rice (One Kg) Rs. 90/- (.....................................)
    9. Brinjal (One Kg) _ Rs. 40 (.............................)
    10. BSNL Plan BB Rs. 950 (........................)

Members, Don't miss this thread. This will make you aware of GST.
    Here is the prediction from my side :

S.No. Item - Present cost -( Would be Cost after introduction of GST).
    1. Pizza - Rs. 150 ( ...................174..................................)
    2. Mutton Biriyani - Rs. 150 (...................174.................................)
    3. T Shirt - Rs. 300 (............404...............................)
    4. A Prestige cooker - Rs. 2100 ( .........2352.............................)
    5. A sewing machine - Rs.3500 (...........3920..........................)
    6. A Refrigerator - Rs.14000 (...........16500..........................)
    7. A Hatchback Maruthi car -Rs. 4.5 lacs (.....5.40 lakhs.................................)
    8. Basmathi Rice (One Kg) Rs. 90/- (..........70...........................)
    9. Brinjal (One Kg) _ Rs. 40 (.........20....................)
    10. BSNL Plan BB Rs. 950 (......950..................)

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

s.n. Item Present cost in Rs after GST in Rs

1 Pizza 150 140

2. Mutton Biriyani 150 140

3. T.Shirt 300 330

4. Prestige cooker 2100 2100

5. A Sewing Machine 3500 3300

6. A refrigerator 14000 15400

7. A Hatch Back Maruthi car 4.5 Lacs 4.95 Lacs

8. Basmathi Rice one Kg 90 75

9. Brinjal One Kg 40 35

10. BSNL Plan BB RS.950 950 970

drrao
    always confident

What a typical prediction by Mohan and Rao ! Quite interesting to read the GST prices. More to know other members prediction.
    No life without Sun

I have a serious doubt. How will "This will help us to know how much we understood about GST." It is a prediction right, not a calculation, based on facts. To understand GST we need to know the percentage of taxes that will be levied on various goods, not make predictions and prophecies and see how smart we are.

And it is the 'price' I think that you want not the 'prize'. It is my attempt to comprehend your understanding English.

How on earth will members filling in the blanks make themselves or anyone know how much they have understood GST?

If you can convince me how this exercise will let me know how well I have understood GST, only then will I attempt to submit my calculations oops predictions. Until then, I will look at it as a waste of time.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Juana based on the tax structure of new GST available widely on the internet and social media I made the predictions which may be nearer to the calculations. We are not the tax consultants to predict exact pricing , but for the fun we can make nearer pricing for the members to understand the impact.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Juana,
    My one prize among the many prices is a typo. I don't regret. You are not a fun lover. For fun prediction, we need no details. It could be the anticipation or expectation.

@ Least interested about your participation. You are not the lone ISCIan at ISC. There are many fun lovers in this big sea.

No life without Sun

Sun,

Thank you for the clarification on the typo – I had assumed that you might not have known the difference. I was wrong. But, then, I see typos as errors which should be regretted. They are a sign of human failure. This is my view – you do not have to subscribe to it. I need to clarify my stand on this since I brought it up.

I did not question the 'fun' element of your post. I asked how it would prove to me my understanding of the GST? That is what you stressed on, right, twice, in your post. So, the fun gets ruled out when understanding and awareness are brought into the frame.

What makes you think I am not a fun lover? Something has to be fun, for me to love it.

You might not care about my participation – fair enough. I won't question that. But, have the courtesy of answering the question related to what you have stated – "How on earth will members filling in the blanks make themselves or anyone know how much they have understood GST?" You should be able to answer it convincingly, even if you don't care about my non-participation.

EDIT: Also, please stick to the topic and question raised regarding the same. Don't deviate from it. Personal comments are not in good taste. Please refrain from assessing my personal traits. I am not the topic of discussion.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

You invited to be a topic of discussion by your own words. You have proved that you are a different ISCian. Nothing more to add but leave. Surely, you are not a fun lover at ISC as understood by me and my fellow ISCian.
    No life without Sun

It is a shame that instead of taking a question about the thread, you choose to make personal comments. Should I take it that you have no response to a very legitimate question, other than your opinion on my fun loving abilities?

I did not know that you have been appointed a spokesperson for fellow ISCians. For once, speak for yourself, and answer the question I raised, if you have an answer to it. Taking the discussion off the course by speaking about me might be a good diversion tactic, but it also shows that there is no reasoning behind your statements -

1. This will make you aware of GST.
    2. This will help us to know how much we understood about GST.

Can we get back to the thread please?
    'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

Certainly,
    If you are aware of GST, your prediction would be good. Also, your response would help to know as to how much you understood about the GST. This can be assessed only after the introduction of GST on 01 July 2017.

Further, I did not ask anyone to discuss about GST here. I wanted the members to fill the columns with their predicted sum as per their understanding about GST. After 01 July 2017, I would say who has predicted the new price nearer to the new price. A lovely thread has been poked and spoiled by you. You should love fun at ISC and enjoy the fun of Sun rather than raising irrelevant questions in a fun thread.

No life without Sun

I waited for the tenth day to respond to this thread since I wanted to check the author's claim of - "There are many fun lovers in this big sea". Except for K Mohan and Srinivasa Rao who had submitted their response. prior to the author's claim, there have been no other takers for this so called 'fun thread'. The author's claim falls flat. No one was interested in the author's so called fun thread. Either the thread was not fun or there are no fun loving people on ISC. Either, way you look at it, the author's claim is an absolutely false one.

Juana,
    The fun of this thread was spoiled by a good lady as she put it on a wrong track. Today is the tenth day. You can rest with no fun.

No life without Sun

Ha! Ha! You continue to amuse me, with your understanding.

Now here is the thing, you undermine the intelligence of members. They can gauge what is fun, and what is not. You give the good lady too much credit. The collapse of the thread was destined because the content was poor.

I tried to revive it, but you failed to recognise the help that was offered.

At least, I am proven right, the thread was not fun. But, worry not, because this is fun. I am enjoying the outcome.

Juana,
    Let it be. Everything on this good earth don't go well. Members like you are the cheap cause for the failure. There are many on the earth who doesn't understand and enjoy the fun. This thread is not an exemption to it. Many fun and comedy films have bitten the dust.

No life without Sun

# 602769

The hard hitting fact is that I had the foresight and the vision to see the outcome of this thread. Accept the fact that it was substandard stuff that you posted - without head or tail. People like you blame others for their failure.

"Many fun and comedy films have bitten the dust."

Are you placing your thread in the category of those films? Well, that is one positive outcome, for a comedy, it was - a comedy of errors! Nothing made sense.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.