You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Keywords appearing on ISC pages

Today I found that two keywords appear on the right hand side on ISC page above the 'Top Contributors'. The keywords are well related to the content on that page.

For example on a page where the forum thread is about Bank lockers, the keywords were connected to banking. It was interesting to see the keyword change also within the parameters. At one time ,the keywords were 'Bank Vault & Question Bank'; at other time they were 'Apply Loan & student loan'.
    I tried to click one. I was directed to some other page and it said 'you are being tracked'. I got scared and left it at that and closed that page.
    In a page with an Ask Expert question on PF withdrawal, the key words were 'How to apply & Check PF'.

I would like to know more on this regard.
    Yes you are right, I have been observing this since many days but never reported or shared here. When ever we raise the post and after submission and indexed by the Google within few minutes and we re visit our post to see the responses, we could see the key word related ads appearing on the right side panel above the top contributors slot and that is nothing but ads to which we have started earning adsense. What I closely observed that by using ordinary words in daily life, the key words are appearing. For example while typing this response, I could find " key words " and " Google pages" ads by Google appearing below the ISC face book interface.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The issue has been reported to our WM. Hope he will fix it asap.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Those links that look like keywords are Google Ads. When people click on those links and proceed, we/you will get paid from AdSense! They have been there for a long time. Various terms/phrases/keywords appear there. When you click on those, you will be directed to a page where you can see more ads.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

From the webmaster's clarification it is quite clear that those ad words appearing on the right side panels are good for us and that would generate adsense to the author.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

To avoid accidental clicking on google ads ourselves, the ads were hidden after members logged in. Is the same safety precaution stilt here? The words are at a very vulnerable position at right. So we may have to be doubly careful.

If those words are intentionally put there to take interested persons to the pages related to those key words then it is no issue because those pages belong to some other person or ISC. If those pages are outside ISC then someone else will be the beneficiary of those clicks.

I do not know whether my interpretation is correct or not but it simply is a advertising technique.

Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments