You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you know that you can lock the biometric details of your Aadhaar card?

If you suspect that your Aadhaar biometric details can be compromised, you have a choice to lock the biometric details of your Aadhaar. You can do it only in online. Here is the URL, which provides such facility https://resident.uidai.gov.in/biometric-lock. At this link, you can give your Aadhaar number along with a security key. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile using which you can lock your biometrics.
    After it got locked, you can unlock it for 10 minutes for any authentication purpose or you can disable the locking system if you don't want to use the locking facility.
    A very nice information. I will now try to do it now. With this facility the rumors about safety of our details because of Aadhaar will reduce to some extent. The way in which the Government is going having a Aadhaar card is becoming a must. So everybody should get this card without fail.
    drrao
    always confident

A very nice piece of information and I think very beneficial in terms of the doubts in mind regarding online safety and security.

Now Aadhar is going to be the mostly used and most important identifier for an individual and it's security concerns are of paramount importance.

Knowledge is power.

As the technology progress, we are getting various security measures options to safeguard our personal details and this one shared by the author is important and must. So it is very clear that Aadhaar has become the Jeevanaadhar for us and we cannot move without the card in our pocket. What I suggest that scan the Aaadhar card on your cell phone and keep it in store that where ever the card and details are sought it can be shown. Alternatively prepare the big card format into a visiting card size so that Aadhaar card can also be carried along with our bank credit and debit cards in future.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Thank You Mr. Rao. Yesterday night I have locked my biometrics of aakhari card after seeing your post. It was mentioned that I can unlock IT I case it requires my logging into the site with author card. Number.
    drrao
    always confident

My Dear Fellow ISCian,
    Why are we afraid of biometric information available in our Aadhar Card? In which way it will affect us? What are the possibilities of getting this information stolen? How it could be misused by others? How it will affect the persons identity? How this information will be manipulated for misuse by other miscreants?

Experts, Can you throw some light on the subject please.

@ This is an important question which needs good answer from the expert members.

No life without Sun

Mr. Sun: Why should we share our personal information with others? Do you share the details of food you take during breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday? Do you share when did you quarrel with your wife (no offence meant to you or Mrs. Sun)? Do you share when did you vomit after taking a large peg of whiskey? You don't. Why? You are not a criminal!

The same logic applies here. We avoid sharing our personal information. This can be misused in many ways.

Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments