You only wanted who fitted well
    In your tightly knit society
    So you fashion them
    And train them for their lives
    So they can be what they never chose to be
    They silently work and serve for you
    You made well-tailored roles we could fit in
    You fashioned humans merely as mannequins
    Aditya Mohan, Written very nicely. Yes it is true. Society is making the fashion. What is society. Society is a group of people. A group of people are making the fashion. If a group follows a certain aspect, that will become the Fashion of the day. A group sheeps going on a street. All follow the same path. If one sheep changes the direction., another two or three follow that, By seeing this group the remaining sheeps will follow them, The people are like that, They follow a few characters on the screen and start following the same in the society. The remaining follow the suit.
    drrao
    always confident

Well the influence of society over our daily life, looks, behavior and even conversing and talking is high and that cannot be avoided but we can always maintain a balance of over interference of society culture into our life provided we have inner apatite to stop unwanted intrusion of society fashion.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

What a poetic rythm and expression! Very true and nicely elaborated. Society has a lot of influence on us. Frankly speaking we are always scared what other people will say or what other people will comment or what other people will think of us if we do something which does not fit their yardstick.

There are many compulsions created by society on us and under their pressure we have to yield many times and also conform to expectations of society from us.

If one is well to do than society expects him to be well dressed, having latest model car, showing costly gadgets and things like that. If he does not comply than they will treat him just like one of them and will not accept that he is rich. Looks funny but if society wants you to be fashionable, you have to be.

Knowledge is power.

Aditya Moha, I enjoyed the lines yo penned(posted). Some free thoughts. Not necessary to analyse or criticise it. Straight rendering of what comes to mind. Good efforts.

• Sign In to post your comments