The production capacity of propellants also is a point of concern. All these days they are only making the required propellant, but recently they are trying to outsource the same. But it takes some to establish a vendor with 100% reliability and quality in private sector.
Once these two are settled India will become self sufficient to do all activities in India.
'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
1. We did not and do have the expertise for launching heavy and/or certain category satellites with our rockets. We are slowly gaining experience and expertise. Till we become totally self sufficient we cannot stop our satellite launching. So we make use of other nations who do that commercial service.
2. We would have planned our satellites launch programmes in advance and would have entered into long term contracts with the launching nations. That contract may be standing and we have to comply even though we may have got our own facility.
3. Simultaneously when gaining experiencing and developing our own facilities we can take up commercial services for other countries whose needs could be met by us with our present expertise and facilities and at a competitive price. We may be even giving those services as mutual co-operation also.
4. India can use its own facilities for more strategic purposes and use open commercial facilities for the more open programmes.
5. The geographical location and the destination orbital level decide the use of fuel and cost also. The selection of launching sites is done on that count also.
There is a place in TN in Tuticorin district and ISRO is considered the best site next to French Guinea, from where some Indian satellites are launched but pity is whenever development comes in this state, there will always a protest from locals(?!) and hence the initiation could not be started. This is ideal place because rocket launching should be on east coast and near equator too.
Let us see atleast after some years(!) people understand the value of technology development. As per the experts, this place is suitable for PSLV rocket launch.
Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.
Non-violence is the greatest Dharma; So too is all righteous violence.