You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Get ready for 10th anniversary post at 3 am tomorrow.

Since my post don't last more than a minute in ISC forum, even though there is no offensive words post, neither abusive. Like how cricketer don't understand Duckworth method in cricket yet they continue, its same for me to understand "forum policy" yet I will continue.
    The love hate relationship is continue. So, I had a plan to post my content early in the morning, at least few can read it before it get deleted. If any one so stubborn to delete it, let them have some sleepless night.

The post will surprise and shocked you. The history of forum of last few years will be obvious a hard truth with fun and with criticism.
    Looking forward to it. We love our members who are so eager to participate at any time of the day, irrespective of the barriers...
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Tony, You can only able to "look" and "forward" if your editor will allow to post it. When they can't digest their comparison with fashion designer, I doubt they can digest even little of my words. As I feel they need digestive medicine more than headache and BP.

Mr. Bull,
    Since Mr. Tony has responded to the Bulldozer's post, ISC is ready to stand against your midnight post. I/ We may not be awake at 0300 hrs to read your silent post. Hope your post will carry a message of realization of the past and the good understanding of the present, and the good will of your future. All the best.

No life without Sun

Well I am regular to the forum at early hours and probably first to respond if at the the author raised the post in wee hours as promised. I am also looking forward for such post.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

So it is already 5 am today and the author failed to raise the so called post at 3 am and thus failed. If you challenge in a public platform, stick to it, otherwise refrain from such acts.
    K Mohan

Mohan,
    I feel that the Bulldozer must be dozing with an incomplete draft of his message scheduled to be posted at 3 a.m.. Now the dozer must be worrying as to what to do as he could not keep up his words. Indians have no sense of time - A forum message has been proved here.

No life without Sun

Mr. Mohan, First of all, I am sorry if I frustrated few people, specially Mohan, It seems he has affected too much. Now, let come to your words "Challenge". Did I called for any fight in my thread? Or Challenging someone's existence? Or ask for any verbal fight? I didn't understand for what I challenged in my thread? I had simple thread saying I will post something which got postponed for my personal reason. I mean, it could happened in anyone's life. For that you got so much frustrated! I didn't force you or anyone that wait for my post, did I?
    Above all, you got "CC" for your post which really surprising. I seriously didn't find anything special on your post. May be editors felt too much happy the way you shoot your words for me what they could not do, felt through you.

Sun, I really had sound sleep. And enjoyed the response of yours and Mohan, which was expected to me. I achieved what I wanted but soon I will post my thread.

Mr. Bull,
    There is a good Tamil proverb - Keelzhe Vizhunthalum Meesaiyil Mann Otta villai. Means, I fell , but my moustache did not touch the ground. Same is applicable to you. You should have been a man of words and kept your words up. You cheated yourself by not conforming to your words. You have failed. If you feel that you have achieved something, sorry, you have mistaken ISC. I am sure, your future post on ISC birth day will be deleted as a late entry to talk about ISC birthday . Remember, today is 2nd July, not 1st July. I think better you go to sleep again and have a deep sleep. All the best.

No life without Sun

Sun, It seems you too got affected because I could not post my thread. Any way, good luck next time.

No Mr. Bull.
    I was not affected at all. I woke up at 0700 hrs. Through this thread I have earned 10 points. That will do for me. Your next thread, if posted, will be ignored by me and other ISCian. Try to change yourself and try to be a loveable ISCian as you were then.

No life without Sun

I never sought cash credit for my response. My replies are not aimed at earning money here. My passion is to write and that has been done since 8 years. By the way you are caught on wrong foot and now you are managing your mistake done.
    K Mohan

The lack of empathy is evident in the way things have panned out in this thread.

For the record, I do not support the tone and tenor of most of Bulldozer2's threads. I had recorded my displeasure in the member's contest thread, which was subsequently deleted. I do not like the message posted in this thread either. That being said I think this thread should have been handled with some sensitivity.

Members retaliate because they think they have been wronged. Each one of us has a different temperament. What upsets me might not upset you. I may have a short fuse, and blow up easily. I may use logic in my arguments, while you might harp on your limited understanding of the subject. The thing is we are different and so are our reactions. I have time and again mentioned that we are wired differently, so we respond to different situations differently. But, in this case, those who are chaste in their views and who claim to be unbiased have failed miserably to balance their act.

The Webmaster's response above was gentle. He handled the author's ire with great maturity. A cue should have been taken from that. However, what happened consequently was utterly disappointing.

Assigning CC to a post that questions the author cannot be justified. Sorry to say, but this action just goes to highlight the biases and hypocrisy, which are the crux of this entire episode.

The author may have had a change of heart, and decided against posting the thread. Members may be right in questioning the author's failure to post the thread at the stipulated time. But, allotting CC to the member who counter-questioned the author was unnecessary. It looks like the author was wilfully shamed. It also appears that whoever allotted the CC wanted the author to post the thread. This in my view is fueling a fire.

Secondly, sometime back, a hue and cry was made over the use of the title of a legitimate song in response to a questionnaire. If the use of the song title was inappropriate in a thread that did not refer to any member, then how is it fair to allow the author of this post to be addressed in an offensive manner? Why are the ethics that were applied in that thread ignored here? The author of this thread may be wrong in standing up against the system, but it does not warrant a change of attitude and policies, especially in those who moralise everyone else, on conduct.

It is clear that things that are otherwise not condoned were applauded and allowed. This shows the double-standard that the author has been openly fighting against. A team that claims to be neutral should not have allowed such disparity.

Actions always speak louder than words, and this was a good time to let the author and everyone else take note of how 'just' the system is.

Please read my thread with an open mind, and see the truth behind what I have stated.

"A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak" - Michael Garrett Marino

Excellent and prudent response from Ms. Juana. Some of the Editors, who are supposed to be impartial, are openly taking sides. Allottment of cash credit to a particular response proves it beyond doubt.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

• Sign In to post your comments