You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Whom to report? I am at sea.

Dear ISC,
    Whom to report my problem? I have raised an interesting thread - Conversation between two ISCians in an unexpected meet. The thread is lying in the pending section, and calls for some modification/correction by the author. As the thread has already been locked, I am(author) not able to modify the contents.

Approaching the Web Masters would amount to bye passing the channel of communication.
    Madam ME is not available, and she won't like me posting complaints.
    Concerned Editor is not known.
    Whom to report and how to report?

Can't the editor who sent the thread to pending section make necessary modification/correction and release it from the pending section? It is a quite interesting thread.
    Your thread on " Conversation between two ISCians in an unexpected meet " is the good thoughtful idea but since a thread running on similar topic raised by other member , is also doing the rounds. Any way you can report to Saji Ganesh directly for your redress.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,
    My thread is entirely different than the other thread. So, there is no need to keep my thread off the forum. In that case, if Saji is the concerned editor, he should send a PM to me.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

When a thread is locked and it is mentioned as pending, then why should you raise a counter thread about it? There is obviously a reason why it was shifted to pending & you just need to wait till a decision is taken on whether or not to open it.

Also, as Mohan said, if you are that impatient, then you can send a message to Lead Editor Saji Ganesh and enquire about it. Please don't raise threads each and every time a thread is shifted to pending or deleted.

Keep smiling...one day life will get tired of upsetting you.

Vandana,
    The locked thread is with a following remark -" The status of this thread is PENDING and requires some modification by the author." How do you expect the author to modify the thread when it is locked? Why such a remark? What a funny remark ! What a response from ISC ME!

ISC thy name is Confusion now.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

There is text at the very top "This thread is pending for review." Is it not visible to members? Can you clarify? If it isn't, then, sure, it is confusing.

Of course,
    It could be seen now. But why another remark "The status of this thread is pending and requires some modification by the author". Why....why...why..... Vandana ....why? What does it mean to you and me? please explain.

No life without Sun ¤

"It could be seen now" - Sun, it was always there. You saw it now, only after I mentioned it. So it does indicate that there was no need to raise this thread!

As for the other words, those are there in place as per the automated system for all sections, when a post gets moved to pending. In other sections, it alerts the member to make the necessary changes. In the case of the forum, too, it could apply if the thread was open for modification. In your case, though, when the text is clearly given at the top, it is obvious that no modification is required, that it is being discussed with the team for some reason.

Now just wait for the decision on your thread instead of further endless discussions.

Sun,

After due discussion, it has been decided not to allow the conversation thread as it may create some issues that may indirectly hurt members.

No life without Sun ¤

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.