Me, a ribbon - creative writing contestHere's yet another interesting theme for the "Me"-based contests - a ribbon!
What you have to do: Write a creative story on a ribbon, with the last word in the story being "ribbon". It need not be autobiographical though, and can be of any genre, such as mystery, romance, comedy, horror, etc. The ribbon can be of any type, colour, size, material & used in any manner.....let your imagine soar! However, it should not be a rope or thread or something like that. Just a ribbon. It should also not be in the abstract sense, like, for example, when we refer to a river as a silver ribbon.
1. The entry must be in English only.
2. Only one entry per member is allowed.
3. Your entry should be minimum 350 words and maximum 650 words, with any title of maximum 7 words. The word 'ribbon' must appear in the title. You can put one (not more) internal link to any ISC page, if you so wish. You can put in characters, conversations, etc. No slang or inappropriate language is allowed.
4. Submit your entry in: Discussion Forums >> About IndiaStudyChannel >> Creative Writing. At the end of the story, please give a clickable link to this announcement thread.
5. Then submit the URL of your entry (with a clickable link) in a response in this thread to be eligible for the prizes.
Since this is ISC's birthday month, substantial amounts will be given as cash awards:
1. The two best stories will each win Rs.250/-
2. Second prize (one): Rs.200/-
3. Third prize (one): Rs.150/-
4. Consolation prize (one): Rs.100/-
Last date to submit entries in this thread: 12th July 2017.
Note: Do not worry about English skills, but we do expect clarity in understanding the story. Try to give a unique title and do not let the setting of the story overwhelm the ribbon. Since the last word has to be 'ribbon' let's see how you build up the story in an interesting way to end with that word (a sort of last punch line perhaps?)
Go on ~ Switch on that creative light bulb of yours and let your imagination soar!