'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
Even this challenging situation would ease
Only way has to apply some pressure on the supplier. But how far it will be successful is very doubtful.
1.When the consignment arrives look and ensure that the package is not broken and seal not tampered.
2.Feel that the pack has some weight proper and normal to the ordered item plus some packing material.
3. Open the pack without delay and ensure that the contents are as per order and the accessories mentioned are present.
4. Test use a without delay (electronic or appliances) and be satisfied. If any problem is found immediately contact the customer care department of the online portal attaching the photo of the damage/defect and giving full details . A copy can be endorsed to the seller also for fast resolving the issue.
5. The earlier and precise the issue is communicated,the faster will be solution and redress.
6. If a product is exclusively marketed by one particular portal, then it is preferable to deal with them only. Otherwise there can be issue of warranty and service sometimes.
7. One should be clear about the return/refund conditions and time limit.
Personally, my experience with Ebay(India) is very good.
In the present case:
you have used the product and the normal return/refund time limit is over.So legally and technically neither the seller no the online portal can be held guilty and responsible to make compensation.
But still, you can ask the seller mainly and ask Ebay to use their goodwill to somehow remedy the situation : i.e. rectify the phone and make it usable for you. You may plead that you were not experienced and it was the first time you did an online purchase. In case they get convinced(mainly the seller).
If that is not helping you, contact the service centre and get it serviced/repaired by paying the charges.