You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Topic based TOW contest for the week 25th June to 01st July '2017- Winners!

It is now time to announce the winners of the TOW award and the Special prize awards. The topic given for the week 25th June to 01st July (being the last week of the month)was Fashion and we had quite a good number of entries and it was not that easy to select the winners. However after taking into consideration all the aspects, it has been decided to declare as follows-

The thread Fashion: our kind friend in this cruel world by Nilesh is the winner of the TOW award. This thread looks at fashion from a different angle and has been well conceived and presented.

We have selected the following threads for the Special Prizes-

1. Fashion doesn't define one's life by Neelam Joshi asks a question whether fashion can be treated as a reflection of our personality. She goes on to say why we must stop taking latest trends too seriously.

2. When the dictates of fashion describe us by Juana has beautifully brought out the fact that fashion is not all about following a particular trend but is more about maintaining a trend on your own and standing out in the crowd.

3. Tuition and coaching become a fashion in today's generation by Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala for connecting the growing trend among the younger generation to depend more on tuition and coaching rather than putting in more efforts to study, and

4. Are we victims of fashion by Umesh which is a different take on the fashion world and looks into the part played by business houses in encouraging people to go with the latest trends.

The winner will get a cash reward of Rs 60/- and 60 points and the Special Prize winners will get RS 40/- and 40 points each.

It must be said and appreciated that almost all the threads had something different to say though there were some similarities in between. All the other suitable threads will be awarded additional points and cc in due course.

Friends, please join me in congratulating the winners!
    Wow this is the best contest for an author and all the members tried very very confidently but the prize was to the good writer.
    Reguards -
    Sukanya

Congrats to all the authors for winning the TOW contest. It is really great to see the members contributing actively.
    Be the Hero of the zero hour!

Hearty congratulations to the winners of ToW contest for the month of June, 2017. All the award-winning threads are really of very high standard.
    Caution: Explosive. Handle with care.

Hearty congrats to Nilesh for winning the TOW award, and to Neelam, Juana , Hakkimmudin and Umesh for winning the special prizes. Well-done ladies and gentlemen. Keep winning.
    No life without Sun

Great to know the winner and special prize winners of Fashion topic contest held in the last week of June 2017. Congrats to Nilesh for getting the thread of the topic of award on his content Fashion: Our kind friend in this cruel world, which made me also moved. My appreciation to special prize winners, Neelam Joshi for her thread Fashion doesn't define one's life, Juana for her share When the dictates of fashion describe us, was impressive Hakimuddin for winning the thread Tuition and coaching become a fashion in today's generation, which is the natural sharing and Umesh for his contribution Are we victims of fashion , which was again very impressive. All of them need great pat.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I am kind of unhappy. I thought my thread was really befitting. While others spoke of fashion being a trend, I tried to portray how society fashions our life. And what I produced was amazing too.
    Not the first but it was at least worth special awards.
    I won't deny the others' works but mine was different.
    Pray try to give it a read if you didn't.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

Congratulations to Nilesh for winning TOW prize for 25th June to 01st July.
    Congratulation to the special prize winners: Neelam Joshi, Juana, Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Umesh.

@aditya mohan
    You need not feel disheartened. In a contest we will feel that ours is the best. But the judgement is based on many factors. Here it is acknowledged that there are many good quality entries and "we had quite a good number of entries and it was not that easy to select the winners. However after taking into consideration all the aspects, it has been decided". So just take it in the normal stride. Better luck next time.

Thanks everyone for the appreciation and congratulations to all the special prize winners.
    Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.

Hearty congratulations to Nilesh for winning the TOW award for the week 25th June to 1st July on a the topic of Fashion. And I also congratulate Neelam, Juana , Hakkimmudin and Umesh for winning the special prizes.
    Regards,
    Vamar

The cash rewards and points for the winner and the special prize winners have been credited to their accounts.
    The cash rewards and additional points for other participants have also been added to their entries as decided.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance'- Confucius

My hearty congratulation to Nilesh for winning TOW award. I also want to congratulate Neelam Joshi, Juana and Umesh for winning special awards.
    Also want to thanks everyone for appreciation.

Honesty is the best policy.

I am delighted to get the award as it was neck to neck competition. Most of the entries were very impressive and contents were contemporary.

I also congratulate Nilesh, Juana, Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala and Neelam Joshi for their outstanding contributions. Please keep contributing and make ISC a best place for academics.

Knowledge is power.

Hearty congratulations to the winner Nilesh and all the special prize winners of the Thread of the week contest. I could see there have been so many interesting threads initiated under the topic "Fashion".
    Regards
    Rizwan

My best wishes and congratulations to all the winners of this awesome contest. The topic is really interesting to write. Hope in upcoming days ISC will arrange more this type of contests.

Hearty congratulations to the winners of Thread of the week for the month of June, 2017.
    The greatest wealth in this world is mental peace and good health.

Hearty congratulations to Nilesh for being the winner of TOW and even hearty congratulations to other winners of special prize who have done a wonderful job.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.